Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS+Wacom scrolling instead of drawing issue

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with Ps+wacom. When i scale my workspace it starts to scroll instead of drawing.

I never had this problem before, and i didnt change any settings, it started after Windows update.

Does anybody know how to fix it!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, here is the recommended fix, from Microsoft, as relayed by the Photoshop team: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please search before posting. This has been answered several times today

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not working, why 100 peoples post this advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that is the cause and the fix. To use the PSUserConfig.txt fix you must type it exactly as written

Microsoft have published their alternative registry fix at the link below so you can try that:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Er, Dave. Did search first. This post came up first. Try advice first, admonishments later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the self-same problem and none of the individual fixes worked. I got in contact with Adobe help and they took me through all the steps to fix it. It required all of the actions to make it work. I had been trying one at a time and individually they didn't work, and so had undone each supposed fix.

This is what Adobe suggested and what worked for me:

Step A: As is recommended by ACP, start by adding the registry key, follow this link to find out how: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/
Step B: Type  Windows Button + R, Type Go to App Data. A browser window opens, Click on App Data > Roaming > Adobe
Rename "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018"  to "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.OLD"
Step C Now do as ACP says above:

"1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop"

Alternatively, go to Adobe help, tell them the problem, let them take over your machine and fix it for you!

I hope that helps!

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you save the PSUserConfig file in the Adobe Photoshop CC 201x.OLD folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

No in the exact folder as described but substitute 2017 for 2018 if that is your version.

However, see last post by PECourtejoie. Microsoft have now issued a fix making workarounds unnecessary.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is the recommended fix, from Microsoft, as relayed by the Photoshop team: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines