Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo changed when converting to DNG

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

When converting my NEFs to dng, one of the photos changed to the photo next to it in the sequence. I have tried rebuilding the preview but it still is the same as the previous image.

Here is a quick screen capture. When I click on the image in question, it briefly flashes the original photo, then reverts to the wrong image. I was able to quickly capture how the image should look before it changed. If you look at the bottom film strip, you will see the version it changes to. I would really like to figure out how to get this image back.

I can go into time machine to find it, but I find that this happens frequently in Lightroom. Usually I restart lightroom and the problem corrects itself.

Thanks for any help!Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 5.09.34 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A strange one!

I do not even see the large & navigator image in the 14 filmstrip photos! Where is it coming from?

One suggestion- Your Previews cache may have become corrupted, You could delete the Previews.LRDATA folder and allow Lightroom to re-build the Previews. (May take some considerable time with a large catalog- overnite?)

You will find the .LRDATA cache/folder next to the catalog location. Do NOT delete the .LRCAT catalog file.!!

Some basic Preview info here- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-previews-caches/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, weird, right? I will try your suggestion maybe this weekend. I did use time machine to find the file and re-imported it. Of course it's the one the client wanted! Murphy's law of lost files. Time Machine saves the day!

Cheers,

Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines