• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Truncated Titles for Duplicate Images

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing an image, I will frequently duplicate the image and make changes like adding a watermark or resizing or whatever.  When I do this, I will typically change the name to something that will clue me into how the image is different for instance, Image So and So-Watermarked.

For YEARS when I've done that and then saved the image, it would of course save with the name that I gave it when I duplicated it.  Well, I must have inadvertently done SOMETHING to change that.  Now when I save a duplicated image, it only saves somewhere around the first 8 characters of the title that I had given it, truncating the remainder of the title.  This is so odd I'm not so sure anyone can help me out but figured I'd give it a try.  I'm still using CS 5.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Thanks for the screenshots, they serve the task well.

Unfortunately I am a Mac user and can therefore not reproduce the effect perfectly.

I think it might be a fallback to an old naming convention, but what I found on the Forum seems to only apply to Save for Web:

Numeric Filename Being Truncated in Dialog Box

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc976806.aspx

In general restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved mig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post screenshots?

Mac or Windows?

How do you duplicate – in the OS, Save as, Image > Duplicate, …?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.,

Thank you very much for your reply.  My sincere apologies for the late response.  I got caught up is some family stuff that took precedence.

It was kind of difficult to figure out exactly what to screen capture and in what order to try to explain what's going on.  Hopefully I accomplished that.  I had to black out the actual photo as it belongs to a successful book author and it is for the next book which has not been published yet.  For this particular problem though, the actual photo doesn't really matter.

Windows 10 by the way.

Let me know if I've made sense with my screengrab series.

THANKS !

1-Duplicating this image.jpg2-Duplicating As.jpg3-Save As Watermarked.jpg4-Truncated Title.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshots, they serve the task well.

Unfortunately I am a Mac user and can therefore not reproduce the effect perfectly.

I think it might be a fallback to an old naming convention, but what I found on the Forum seems to only apply to Save for Web:

Numeric Filename Being Truncated in Dialog Box

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc976806.aspx

In general restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point to troubleshoot unexplainable Photoshop issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS !

I will check into these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines