• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Revolution of a 2d object around a globe

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, i'm working on a project which demands a car to revolve around globe, but the car should revolve around it in a 3d perspective, though it's a 2d car made of strokes. i succesfully made it to revolve around it in a 3d orbit, but could'nt made the car look like it's also rotating in 3d itself. here is the screenshot of a reference. As in the reference, rocket is orbiting as a 3d object itself, and has every angle of it, which i guess not possible in case of ae 2d objects. So i think it can be done frame by frame animation in Flash ? pls do let me know how it can be done...

Screenshot (44).pngScreenshot (40).pngScreenshot (41).pngScreenshot (43).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place a 3D Null layer in the exact centre of your globe, in 3D space.

Parent the 3D rocket layer to the Null.

Rotate the Null.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also doesn't help that "oceans" of the globe are the same color as the background and the "land" is the same color as the vehicle.

You want at least some indication of separation, of depth, no?  Even if your going for that very popular paper cut-out look you at least want a tiny little drop shadow i would think.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ya i did the same actually, changed the color of car a bit and the map too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines