• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush moves the Canvas - Surface Pen

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi when iam trying to use the Brush tool with a microsoft Surface 2017 and a surface pen -

the pen draws sometimes a line (like expected) but sometimes the brush tool moves my canvas (drawing area)!!

Does someone knows this problem and a solution?

thank you

best regards sno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

I was having the same issues while using my Huion Tablet Monitor, I wasn't able to fix the problem following the suggestions above, but I did discover the initial problem Is indeed with the update, it did not install properly and Microsoft has an update to fix it.  Here is a screenshot of what is says on Microsoft's website: fix.JPG

and here is the link to the site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

I downloaded this update and installed it, and now everything i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

You can also pause Windows updates for up to 35 days to prevent it been re-installed by going into advanced options and turning on Pause Updates

update.jpg

Also take a look at this thread

Every tool acts like Move Tool, and latency: Intuos Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really worked like a charm! I was frustrated  for two days as I was not able to complete my work! Now I can! :')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it !! thanks for this super fast reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft introduced new Windows Ink Pen behavior in a recent Win10 update. This causes your pen to pan the canvas in Photoshop. For more info, and instructions to revert to the old behavior, see this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks LazyNezumi . I'd already switched to the Wintab use this morning. It does make you wonder what Microsoft are playing at making a change like that in teh background without a simple interface switch.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have a history of introducing awful default-on features, so at least they're staying consistent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have problems with your pen (my pen drags my workingfield to all directions when i use the brush or pencil) go to setup wacom tablet and go to calibrate (your pensil) and deselect Windows-inkt (left under) it could be that after the next update it wil be selected again, so deselect again if you have some troubles again. good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, can u tell me how can i remove the update? I have the remove option for security update but there's no remove button for system update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to remove the update you have two choices you can either

Do the following:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

Or

Run this command on an elevated Command Prompt

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u so much. it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly! I had to log out of CC and log back in for it to take effect but it's working like normal again! My workflow was suffering and I was becoming extremely frustrated so I wanted to be sure to respond and say thanks to you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  I was having the same issue and this was a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man! thats great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot... I was already going nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I wasn't able solve this problem over one week. Thanks again!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a reddit post from someone in the microsoft community apparently, and they said if you run this as an admin in the cmd box, it will fix everything without needing to uninstall anything. I did and it worked for me.

"reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

of course, without the quotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issues while using my Huion Tablet Monitor, I wasn't able to fix the problem following the suggestions above, but I did discover the initial problem Is indeed with the update, it did not install properly and Microsoft has an update to fix it.  Here is a screenshot of what is says on Microsoft's website: fix.JPG

and here is the link to the site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

I downloaded this update and installed it, and now everything is working fine and I'm able to use my pen again.

Hope this Helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines