Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to Epson SC-P800 from Photoshop CC - Colour Problems

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having problems with colour when I print from Photoshop CC to an Epson SC-P800. The printer is brand new, and is performing perfectly. If I print from other applications the prints are good, but when I try to print from PS using Photoshop to manage the colour the print colours are wrong (washed out/desaturated). My thoughts are that there is some conflict between the Printer and photoshops colour management but I think I am following the correct process and the printer properties are showing Mode Off (no colour adjustment) which I presume is telling me that the printers colour management is off.  I must be doing something wrong but I cannot see it. I hope that someone can help because I am pulling my hair out.  For information (if relevant) the computer is also new and the operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit). My screen is calibrated with an i1 display pro and I am printing to Epson Papers using the standard Epson profiles (in this case Premium Lustre). I have checked with Epson that I am using the correct driver, but they have not been able to help further.

I have attached a screenshot of the Photoshop settings I am using.

Thanks very much for giving this your attention

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK the screenshot I tried to insert got deleted when the original post was submitted. Trying again...

PS Print Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone out there with any suggestions. I am really stuck and would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it may concern,

I am having the same problem printing on my Epson SureColor P7000.  I have had this printer for over a year and has been working great, but in last few weeks the colors are off.  I contacted Epson and I have the correct driver and settings.  When I print out of Preview (I am using a new iMac 27" with High Sierra) the colors are correct.  When I print out of PSCC or LR CC the colors are not right.  Seems like a problem with Adobe handling the color profiles.  Help would be appreciated.

Larry Lindell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem from time to time on my macbook pro and imac. The solution has been to reinstall the driver for the printer (mine is an epson sc p7000).

This can be done from the system preferences. Go to printers/scanners. Find the printer and delete it. Then find the printer again by pressing the square with a plus in it. When it finds the epson printer, select it. It should reinstall the oftware and your prints will look normal again. This works for both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. For Lightroom, you need to close and reopen. Usually, for me, Photoshop works immediately.

Ocaissionally it really goes haywire, and then I have to delete every epson file. Search your mac and find every file that has epson, delete them, and then reinstall printer drivers from scratch. This may require getting a new copy of the drivers from Epson. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend always downloading the driver from Epson (or your own printer manufacturer)

Beware the generic GimpPrint/Gutenprunt printer driver that OSX can install automatically and when using 'add printer'. 

In a "real" Epson driver you'll see actual Epson media names under media settings, e.g. "Premium Luster" - in Gutenprint its pretty much just "Matte,  Glossy etc "  (generic types not actual media names).

The generic driver prints quite differently.

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, here too.

My P800 prints used to be darned near perfect to screen. Suddenly the saturation and brightness are way down. This happens in both PS CC and LR CC.

I have tried over adjusting but it doesn't really work at all. Im on Mac with latest versions of High Sierra and Adobe software.

Any news on fixing this?

Edit, I have also tried printing from different profiles and letting both PS and the Printer manage the process. I also, as you can see, am 'pulling my hair out'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too, it started after the last update from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Colors desaturated and overall exposure decreased.  Monitor is calibrated. 

Black and white prints printed via print tool using QTR profiles are good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with printing from either LR or PS.  Both latest versions.  Printing on a Mac, macOS Mojave version 10.14.2.  The printer is an Epson 7890.  The printer, with the printer managing on a test print works great.  When printing from an ICC profile, using Epson paper and ink, I get a slightly darker, desaturated print with a greenish caste.  Prints are identical whether from PS or LR.  I've made sure that the correct paper is selected with the correct ink, the heads are not clogged, Photoshop is managing colors, etc. My monitor is calibrated and shows a good image.  Seems like this problem surfaced about two months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased the p800 and am new to photoshop so using pscc
I am getting same problems and currently going through fin art paper while testing like no ones business. I have tried so many printer changes to the files in PS I am losing track of where I am.

I use tiff files that were created by a professional fine art printer I use so I know these are fine and I have prints from them they produced.
I have ICC profiles for paper and I paid to get my own profile.
I create pencil art with a mixture of graphite only areas and full colour in others. The best results I get generally have a green caste too on the black/white areas.

My colour area is of an F1 ferrari and the reds are impossible to print correctly, I either get a washed out desaturate peach/orange or very bold pink red. the only way I get anywhere near correct depth is to increase the density to between +4 to +9% but this is just pilling more ink on the paper.

Going to try another software Gimp maybe, I have no reference to say if its printer fault or PS.
Does anyone use older versions of PS? My art print files I mentioned were saved on PS CS5 could using an old version be a fix?
help please Im losing sleep over this, I have a very expensive printer which isnt fit for purpose at the moment and Im still paying to get prints created elsewhere !?!?!?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I' m a little late to this sad party but I hope this is a good time to check in and aks if anyone got to the bottom of this in a significant way - I have suffered in silence for some considerable time but noew I am faced with some signidicant printing I am facing the trauma again. as with you all - there ios just this existential coldness that I cannot shift no-matter what settings I try - it is quite disrtressiing. It s rather piutting me off Epson and Im loathed to cough another £1000 if im faced with the same issues with the 900. any help would be welcome. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines