• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Robohelp been discontinued or not?

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard some comments about RoboHelp 2017 was the last version of RoboHelp and from now on it is discontinued. I would like to know if it is true or not, because I was asked to search for alternative softwares for generating HTML5 output. Because those people are concerned about not having any fresh updates and so on. It suits our purporses so far, so in my opinion it is a pity replacing this tool. However, I wasn't able to find anything more solid about it, so I don't know if it's true. I have been thinking of MadCap Flare software for replacing it as an alternative option, if necessary. As a quick view, I noticed it imports RoboHelp projects, generates HTML5 outputs etc. But honestly I haven't had enough time to learn more about it. I look forward to hearing from you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

However brought up this rumor: The complete contrary is true. In fact we are right now working on the next RoboHelp, and it will be better than ever before!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However brought up this rumor: The complete contrary is true. In fact we are right now working on the next RoboHelp, and it will be better than ever before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. Kindly let me know unofficial next release schedule of Robohelp 2018. We are eagerly waiting for the new release.

Regards,

Indranil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Indranil

Just dropped you a 1-1 message. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your explanation really addressed our concerns!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you read or hear that? It is fake news!

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT Technician in the company where I work for said that and then all managers simply believed him. I thought it difficult to be true, so I decided to spend my English asking about it. Since English is not my first language, but I am glad you could understand me and now I can prove to them it's fake news, fortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for following up with an explanation, Camila! It really helps my blood pressure 🙂

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell your IT guy to catch up, that story is at least ten years old.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Camila

Just the opposite is true! Adobe RoboHelp is alive and well and thriving! Please report where you heard this lie as it is grossly unfair to the thousands of loyal RoboHelpers all over the world who appreciate and depend on it. I am not an employee of Adobe, but have used and taught RoboHelp since 1991. Because of my long-standing history as a RoboHelp author and instructor, Adobe has invited me to speak at the upcoming STC Summit in Orlando, May 21-23. I'll not only discuss RoboHelp's innovative present feature set, but its exciting future as well.

If you are going to the STC Summit, I'd love to meet you and have you attend my two workshop sessions. Meanwhile, allow me to give you some background that will reinforce your faith in the future of RoboHelp:

Since 2006 when Adobe purchased Macromedia (and with it, RoboHelp and Captivate) there have been eight major releases of RoboHelp and countless improvements and innovations along the way. If that doesn't show continued support for a product, I don't know what does.

Since 2006, there have been insinuating rumors from mean-spirited competitors who whisper questions about its future. It reminds me of some cable news stations who use the "?" in their hyped-up crawlers and Chyrons. (e.g., Does President Obama still beat his wife? No, and we're glad.) The damage is done by simply raising the question. Those who skim and scan the web have to be very careful what they read.

Camila, I also invite you to email me (click on my forum profile for the address.) I'd love to answer any questions you may have to reassure you about RoboHelp's future.

Thanks
John

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Camila

I am the Product Manager for Adobe Robohelp and let me assure you that what you might have heard is rumour and contrary to that we have very big plans for Robohelp 2018 release. 

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp