• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does not prepare the edit Tiff/PSD for editing in Photoshop Classic 2018 version

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROFILE: CLOUD SUBSCRIBER

Until the end of the last week, everything was in order when suddenly the dialogue box ' Edit in Photoshop with LR corrections?' disappeared from the version 7.3. The system slowed down and I reverted back to 7.2. No success. At the other end is the Photoshop Classic version 2018 19.1.2 that displays the Raw file as it is without any correction effected on the LR.

After much deliberations with the Adobe representative, (he earlier insisted that it is not even a problem. I can go to the Raw Editor, tweak the file, open it in photoshop, save as TIFF and then open in LR for further corrections. I have not heard a more stupid suggestion in my entire life) he agreed that there is a problem finally.

Since then he has been hunting for resources to set this phenomenon to normalcy.

Meanwhile, since I could not sleep well like Adobe during the long weekends, I reverted back to the 2017 version of Photoshop CC that promptly shook hand with the LR and the dialogue box reappeared.

The moral of the story for me is a dialogue from an old movie Hard Target'. " I have been looking for you Boudreaux all over the place ", says the villain and Van-damme respond " Well, you were looking at the wrong places ".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

If you are working on a raw image, and Lightroom and Photoshop are both up to date, when you choose to edit in Photoshop you shouldn't see the choice to edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments. Lightroom should simply pass the edited raw file to Photoshop without any prompting whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on a raw image, and Lightroom and Photoshop are both up to date, when you choose to edit in Photoshop you shouldn't see the choice to edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments. Lightroom should simply pass the edited raw file to Photoshop without any prompting whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is perfectly correct.

But my problem is, in my case- this does not happen--" Lightroom should simply pass the edited raw file to Photoshop without any prompting whatsoever."

The photoshop and the LR are in a great tango each enjoying the latest icings and Camera Raws to compliment but the corrections in the LR won't travel to the Photoshop. The file drops all the attire and goes naked to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate your phenomenon on my Windows 10 computer using Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even Adobe does not understand why it is happening, ---when---- the same LR version with the Photoshop version of 2017 ( version 2017.1.2 release) Camera Raw 10.3.0.933 plays sans problem. Which means the 2018 update of the PS Classic has some bugs and clash with WIN 10 Home Edition that they need to address?!

All my guess-- could be off the track by miles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines