Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't draw after Lenovo update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is Carlos.

Photoshop CC has always worked perfectly until yesterday, when I accepted to make an update of Lenovo (PD Firmware Update Utility, version 1.3). Right after that, I wanted to draw with my pen, but instead of painting strokes, it dragged the canvas around...

I realize this is *not* Photoshop's fault, but Lenovo's. Lenovo would fix the problem, but I won't get my computer back until within a month. I'm a professional illustrator so my income depends on this. Lenovo said that you could perhaps provide me with a "patch", so I could use Photoshop again despite Lenovo's faulty update.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me, as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Carlos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Carlos

Try this

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos

Try this

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot

This issue was caused by Microsoft

More info

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for your help, it worked! I had absolutely no idea the problem was caused by Microsoft. You have saved me a lot of trouble... Again, thank you very much!

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad I could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines