• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Upgrading Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this program for quite a while and the new update was giving me fits.  It would get to 99% and then fail the install with an error code of 156.  I finally figured out what was wrong and made a temp workaround.  I have to create a Lightroom Catalog directory on another drive on my PC.  I have never had a problem like this ever.  I have a Crucial 1 TB solid state drive as my main hard drive and several other drives the are not SSD.  I don't think this should have been needed.  There seems to be some quirk in recognizing my SSD as the correct type of drive to create that file.  Any ideas why I never had to do this previously?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1 TB solid-state drive has my main hard drive, with two other internal hard drives. I haven't had any problems with Lightroom and catalogs on the 1 TB drive. My catalog and Lightroom are both on the solid-state drive. It seems to me that something else must have been interfering, but I don't know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JimHess.  Nice to see that someone else did an upgrade and everythig worked fine.  I am using Win 10 Pro and I am on the fast ring release version and the MS releases do cause some issues once in a while. LOL  If I remember right I am on release 17333.1. I just tried to go look to see what the version was but of course the software isn't cooperating.  LOL.  Go figure.  Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the answer but I have had issues with my Catalog for a while. In the end, I decided to create a whole new catalog in a different folder and, in essence, start from scratch.

It's not as bad as it sounds though! What I did was to Export my entire image database via File>Export as Catalog to a new catalog "LR 73 NEW" and then open it up in LR Classic. It's sped up my LR CCC dramatically and the process seems to have done some kind of "deep clean" in the process.

It might simply be your catalog has a number of (minor) inconsistencies in it which means the update fails as a result.

Worth a try?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my update didn't fail, my backups don't fail, and I don't have any problems. Why would you think I should create a new catalog when I'm not having any issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said the update to LR failed. You said the work around was to create a new catalog. I *suggested* a different approach. Sorry if that rattled your cage. I'll keep my ideas to myself next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parkylondon,

Sorry fella but you were answering the other guy.  I was the originator of this issue.  I had never really put anything in a catalog with the earlier version of Lightroom Classic CC.  But when Adobe notified me that there were several updates I just opened the Cloud App and said update all.  Every time the new version of Lightroom Classic CC would try and install it got to 99% and then would just bomb out and the error code was 156. I thought there might be something to do with the upgrade I did when I cloned my old 256 GB hard drive to a new ! TB version.  Had no problems with any other program I needed to update.  Just for grins I decided on trying to create the catalog folder on a different drive and for some reason that worked.  I have not put anything into that folder yet.  But the Lightroom Classic CC software seems happy, but I would like it to be in the bug drive for obvious reasons.  Hope this explains things better.  I appreciate any help in figuring out why that folder cannot be created on my main drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines