• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2018 RAW Support for Sony A7iii

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  Can you please tell me when PSE 2018 will have RAW support for the Sony A7iii?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Adobe just released the camera raw 10.3 update, which includes support for the Sony A7iii, so any day now pse 2018 should get the update, hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just released the camera raw 10.3 update, which includes support for the Sony A7iii, so any day now pse 2018 should get the update, hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

Will we have to re-installed ACR 10.3 or is it an update for PSE? Not sure how tha works. Gosh I've been using PSE 11 for a few years and can't remember how that works. (Have PSE 18, but not installed yet.) 

I just got an A7 III yesterday and shot raw, but had to convert to PNG and ..well.  Today, I'll test shoot in jpg XF.

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Clive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have an older version of Elements, so don't know if things have changed with 2018, but can you do Help / Updates to have it look for a Camera Raw update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you ACP. I never knew that and tried, but the update server does not seem to be working. Will check again tomorrow.

Clive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Elements or AAM has been getting that error behind the scenes then it may never have been able to notify you of newer software.

If you try again in the morning and it doesn't work, temporarily shut off your virus scanners and firewalls and other things that block internet access from programs--and re-enable it for Elements if you've disabled it in the past using whatever internet security software you may have.

If you can't get it to work, then it is POSSIBLE that the CR 10.3 installer on this page will work, although it may only work for Photoshop, itself, and not Elements:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

The installers are .zip files so after downloading you'd need to unzip/extract the contents to a separate folder and run the setup or installer exe and see what happens. It may complain that there are no qualifying products and that could be due to only working for Photoshop.

Googling that particular error code ending in the 213, all the discussion about it is for when a large company using the Enterprise licensing for Adobe products and hosts the updates on a local server and something is configured wrong on the local server.  I don't know that elements even has this sort of licensing available, so your situation is probably something else, unless you do have Adobe Enterprise licensing and this is a corporate account, then maybe talk to your Enterprise administrator people to see what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I still can't open new ARW files taken from my new camera.  I have installed the Camera Raw Plugin 10.3, but PSE 2018 does not seem to be recognising it, it still seems to be using 10.2.  Is there something else I should be doing?  Or do I have to wait for Adobe to do something?  See screen shots below...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After running the CameraRaw_10_3.exe that can be extracted from the CameraRaw_10_3_win.zip downloaded from the link, above:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#9_12

Try copying C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 16\File Formats\

If you don't have a CC folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins after running the EXE, then you're stuck, and I don't know what to tell you to do.

I have Photoshop CC on my computer and running the CameraRaw_10_3.exe will put the 64-bit plugin into that CC folder, where it can be copied into the Elements plug-in area.  But I don't know what happens if you don't have a version of Photoshop, itself, installed on your computer.  Maybe the CameraRaw_10_3.exe is smart enough to check and not copy anything if it doesn't find Photoshop.

Maybe you can test and reply back, here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions ssprengel.  I tried that to no avail.  I then contacted Adobe support and here is part of the transcript:

Ajay: Really apologize but camera RAW 10.3 is yet not available for Photoshop Elements 2018.
Ajay: That plugin you would have seen for Camera RAW 10.3 would be for Photoshop CC and would not work with Photoshop Elements
Ajay: We are already working on it and in a few days time we will be getting the update for Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me.  What part didn't work?

Did you get an error about there being no eligible products (no Photoshop) and it never created the Camera Raw.8bi in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\ ? Or are you on a Mac and the instructions I gave are only for Windows?

At least they say they are working on an update.

Before I posted the instructions, I downloaded and installed a trial of Elements 2018, and here is someone else's Sony A7 III image open in Elements 2018 on my Windows 10 computer after copying Camera Raw.8bi from the CC File Formats folder to the Elements 16 File Formats folder:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ssprengel

I didn't get any error message when I copied the file over.  I just tried it again (it said the .8bi file was already there), and lo and behold it worked!  I really appreciate you following this up - thank you!

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I haven't explained that properly.  After I copied the file over and then tried to open a raw file in PSE, I got the same error message as previously:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process was replacing the older 10.2 camera raw plugin with the newer 10.3 camera raw plugin so it should have warned that the .8bi file was already there the first time you copied it, otherwise it was copied to the wrong place the first time which would explain why it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the advised workaround and am still getting the error you see if I try to open the A7iii RAW files in PSE2018. Interestingly, if I go into PSE2018, click File, Open in Camera Raw and select a RAW file it opens fine in Camera Raw, just not in PSE, natively.

Am I doing something wrong or is that what you are finding too and we just have to wait for the proper PSE 10.3 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further info - I noticed I had two Camera Raw entries under Help....About Plug ins and realised what the issue was. I had not deleted the old Camera Raw.8Bi file but instead renamed it and put it in a sub folder called "Old", then pasted the replacement one from the 10.3 install into the location. However, PSE still found the old one so was trying to use it. Once I had completed deleted the 10.2 8Bi file PSE now opens the Sony RAW Files!! 🙂

I now have an issue that PSE crashes whenever I check the version of the Camera Raw plug-in, but I can live with that!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ianjmcg  wrote

I now have an issue that PSE crashes whenever I check the version of the Camera Raw plug-in, but I can live with that!!

Yes, this bug happened to a friend of mine, so I tried it at least three times... with the editor aborting. It seems that if I edit a raw file first, then I can check the version. Not easy to reproduce exactly, but certainly a bug, even a minor one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis  wrote

ianjmcg   wrote

Yes, this bug happened to a friend of mine, so I tried it at least three times... with the editor aborting. It seems that if I edit a raw file first, then I can check the version. Not easy to reproduce exactly, but certainly a bug, even a minor one.

You are correct - if you open a Raw first it will not crash when you go to check the version of Camera Raw. So confirmed that I now have Camera Raw 10.3.0.933 installed in PSE2018 and also that there is a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ianjmcg  wrote

MichelBParis   wrote

ianjmcg    wrote

You are correct - if you open a Raw first it will not crash when you go to check the version of Camera Raw. So confirmed that I now have Camera Raw 10.3.0.933 installed in PSE2018 and also that there is a bug!

Thanks for the confirmation. To be clear, I am on PSE 2018 and ACR 10.2 (I don't need version 10.3 for my cameras). Not yet on Windows 10 (1803)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If adobe ever actually releases the official 10.3 update for pse 2018 maybe there won't be that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines