• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Textures to a Brush?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to draw using a sandstone texture with a scratch mark type Brush. But I don't see a way to add a texture. I know I can brush with colors, but I want to brush with a texture, is there a way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see many you can download from the web if none of the brushes that install with Photoshop meet your needs.  With CC 2018 you also get access to all of Kyle's brushes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+texture+brushes&oq=Photoshop+texture+nrushes+&aqs=chrome.4...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but thats not really the answer I'm looking for. I want to add my own. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add a texture to a brush in the brush settings:

texture 1.jpg

You can choose which texture you add to your brush from the drop down menu and set how strong the texture effect is in the settings as well:

texture2.jpg

You can make your own texture by creating a pattern from a texture you  like in Edit/Define Pattern. This pattern will then appear in your drop down menu of textures to choose from to add to your brush tip in Brush Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines