• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't open catalogs and it won't make new catalogs

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a complete system reboot. I time machined my data back onto my computer. I can open lightroom but only my most recent lightroom catalog opens. If i try to open a different catalog it will relaunch but the same catalog from the beginning pops up again. Also if i try to make a new catalog it says it made it in the file i put it in but when i try to look for it in that file it's no where to be found. Lastly each time i open lightroom the program thinks I'm new and gives me the welcome speech.

My files for lightroom are stored on a different hard drive than my time machine hard drive. I don't save any files on my computer hard drive. Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.49.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.49.39 PM.pngthese two images always pop up each time i open it

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.49.58 PM.pngthis pops up when i pick a new catalog and it relaunches only to be the same exact catalog from before

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.50.54 PM.pngLastly this is where my new catalog for lightroom should be but its empty.

If anyone knows a fix to this that would be great,

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locate your other catalogs manually using Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac). They will have '.lrcat' extension. When located you can double click on the .lrcart file to launch Lightroom with that catalog ready for use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice! That seemed to have worked pretty well. My only issue now is that LR keepings thinking I'm new each time i relaunch it and that i am still unable to make any new catalogs. If you know any solution to this that would be great thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines