• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directx 12 reqd, Windows 7 doesn't support it. No opengl support.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic says Windows 7 is a minimum requirement but it also says you need directx 12.  Windows 7 does not support directx 12, so....

I just installed LR classic and I get some long 'pauses' when I try to do anything.  After the pause it runs fine for that picture.  When I do a system info it says I don't have opengl support, which I do.  I am running an i5-4570 cpu and intel 4600 graphics.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found the support for the HD4600 to be dropped.

However, the HD4600 anyway is not so powerful to see a gain over using the CPU - depending on the resolution of your monitor .. which is .. ?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitor is a 1920x1080.  My problem was the long delay I was getting.  I said the heck with it today and rebuilt the computer to windows 10, it is running fine now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wise decision

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines