• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a regular .psd file: Could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having problems opening my .psd file. I haven't changed the directery or map that it's in. I cleared my videocache but that didn't work for me.

The popup says the following: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
I saved it regularly and all of a sudden i cannot open it, i can however still open other .psd files in the same directory/map.
I really need this fixed asap because it's my portfolio design for my internship!

Who could help me out?

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Photoshop's preferences?

Win: Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after initiating Photoshop's startup. A box will appear asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes." If you don't see this, you weren't fast enough...Try again.

Mac: Press and hold Cmd+Opt+Shift then start Photoshop. A box will appear, asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes."

Also, take a look through this thread:

"Could not complete your request because of a program error" upon Open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it but that doesn't seem to work for me
I have looked at that thread you shared, the error logs that i'm getting are the following:

2018:04:14 20:07:07 : ..\..\sources\ULinkManager.cpp : 1521 : REQUIRE failed

2018:04:14 20:43:54 : ..\..\sources\ULinkManager.cpp : 1521 : REQUIRE failed

2018:04:14 20:44:29 : ..\..\sources\ULinkManager.cpp : 1521 : REQUIRE failed

Do you have any knowledge on this perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell us which operation system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Windows 10 and running the Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 version, it also doesn't work in the 2018 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines