• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting RAF files to DNG

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I put my card in my laptop fire up LR and convert my Fuji RAw (RAF) files to DNG, but sporadically it seems to stop, so I then end up having the RAF imported which clogs memory.

I have tired to then move the RAF files into a secondary folder and reimporting them (NOT selecting each photo but the folder), and still they dont convert in light room.

Driving me nuts, as it can sometimes be a few photos in a file or a whole batch

Rather annoying and time consuming...

any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the standalone DNG converter to see if it might be more efficient in performing the conversion process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have not tried but I may give it a go, do i down load that sperately?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Windows or Mac? I will give you a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC please

Do I convert to DNG and then load into LR?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The DNG converter is an independent, standalone program. You run it first and convert your images to the DNG format, and then simply import the DNG files to Lightroom. One way I like to use it is as the download software, using the SD card As the source and a folder on the hard drive as the destination. Then the conversion is done during the transfer from the card to the computer. Here is the link to the latest version:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3 : Thank You

And here is a brief video on how to use the DNG converter:

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Take note that the DNG converter works on the Folder level. It will prompt you for a folder containing raw files. Choose the FOLDER, but don't open the folder. If you open the folder the DNG converter will indicate that there are no raw files to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you I will give it a go tomorrow

many thanks

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines