• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Save space

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two hard drives: the C drive where I store windows and such, and my D drive where I store everything else.  My C drive only has 111gb of space because it's an SSD, but my D drive has 1TB.  Photoshop seems to automatically save projects and such in the C drive, and I've run out of space in the middle of working on a project.  How do I change it so that it saves in the D drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

This is about Premiere Pro, but it MAY help with ideas

Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0 see reply 4 for the setting that you need to manually change to a different drive... and then delete any old temp files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about Premiere Pro, but it MAY help with ideas

Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0 see reply 4 for the setting that you need to manually change to a different drive... and then delete any old temp files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the first Disk is available, choose to have a backup disk that does not have the system installed.

=Ekran Resmi 2018-04-14 23.26.55.png

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  How do I delete the old files? (where are they)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few days ago, I said that we are going to see a rush of threads about this exact problem going forward. The first generation of SSD-based machines, with only 120 or 240 GB system disks, are by now starting to fill up.

What happens here is that your user account fills up. That's where the junk accumulates, because stuff goes in there all the time but nothing ever goes out again. Unless you clean out yourself. No uninstall does it.

As a first emergency step, look for Bridge preview folders. They can grow to tens of GB. All previous versions you have had installed, leave their preview folders behind. Delete all of it, and then go into Bridge preferences and redirect the previews to somewhere else.

Premiere Pro and After Effects are other major offenders. And by and by you should go over your user folders in more detail and do a thorough housecleaning. You can probably free anywhere from 20 to 80 GB this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really understand... what user account?  What's a Bridge preview folder?  Where's Bridge preferances?  What are the previews?

I have only installed 1 version of Photoshop; that's all I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines