Exit

Acrobat DC closes automatically

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich bin am Durchdrehen.

Seit der letzten Neuinstallation meines Rechners habe ich das Phänomen, dass sich Acrobat DC pro automatisch wieder schließt, nachdem ein PDF für ein paar Sekunden geöffnet war. Nach dem erneuten Öffnen bleibt das PDF dann stehen.

Ich weiß nicht, nach was ich noch schauen soll.

EULA, Rechte etc. passen alle.

Ich habe die 64 Bit Version von WIN 10 Pro - neuester Updatestand.

Acrobat pro Version 15.006.30394

Kann hier jemand helfen ?

Danke schon mal für die ganze Hilfe vorab!

Gruß

Christian

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

Could you please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "check for updates" option under Help menu. You may also download updates manually using this link: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows , reboot the machine after installing update and check.

2- Launch Acrobat as an administrator: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

3- If that doesn't work, reset preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default., reboot the machine and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the application quits, do you see the following dialog?Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 2.06.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@apangasa: I get the same above message; what's the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the message appears please do not dismiss the message and follow the steps given below to obtain a crash dump.

1. Start Windows Task Manager. (Press shift+ctrl+Esc to lanch task manager.)

2. Go to the Windows Task Manager window

3. Click to select the Processes tab

4. Select Acrobat.exe from available processes.

5. Right-click to open the context menu, then click to select Create Dump File

Once the dump is generated, you will see the complete path of dump. Please share the dump with me at apangasa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed answer,

im sorry to tell you that none of the tips above helped me in any way.

The application still closes always after round about 10-20 seconds in first document, regardless if attached to a mail, opened through web site or straight from pc.

I will try to deinstall, clean all registry and reinstall after again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having the same problem - it just closes down all by itself !!

It has been doing that for a few days - I thought I was doing something unconsciously !!

I in fact, I uninstalled and reinstalled it from scratch last night with afresh download and did a <<Check for updates>> which worked fine.

But tried it again this morning and it still closes automatically!!

My current version is 2015.006.30417

I am also on Windows 10 Pro    Version 1709   OS Build 16299.248

Fix is definitely needed ........... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello???  Anyone there???

This is now getting EXTREMELY annoying.

also refer: Re: Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 closes immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry for the trouble caused to you.

Please share a crash dump with me. Please follow the steps given below to obtain a crash dump. Please refer to my above comment for instructions on how to obtain crash dump.

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for the response - I am sending you the DMP file separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what have you discovered from the crash dump files????

Can we expect a fix soon????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ???  Another week has gone by.

Is there anyone from Adobe working on this problem?

??????????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodney, You should be aware that you are using a version which is out of date; fixes will be probably not be produced for this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are kidding right???

It was working for a few years ... then all of a sudden it had a bug ....

Whatever ADOBE have done has caused the stuff up ... remembering that I have downloaded the latest version a few times since this bug appeared to try to get this fixed.

so what IS the right version???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I am having the same problem, as well, and I have off and on for months to maybe over a years.  Using Windows 7 Home Premium and Acrobat Pro DC.  I had the problem several months ago and Adobe suggests using File>Create>PDF from Scanner path rather than the Create icon.  No idea what was the difference, but that seemed to work for a while, until the last couple of days.  Now I am getting crashes, as described above with the exact dialog box.  I have updated, repaired, reinstalled from Creative Cloud since I am on a CC monthly subscriber, for which I pay a pretty penny.  There seems to be something inherently unstable about this program, and Adobe is not the easiest tech company to get live support help.  Although, I have been there without much success.  Interestingly, I have two scanners [Epson WP-4540; Epson V750], and I recently tried the latter and it worked!  Went back and tried the 4540, and now it works.  This has occupied well over one hour of my time today.  I have no idea what I did to make it work, and I am not sure Adobe has any better fixes.  Too bad...love the program, and as everyone who uses pdfs knows, there is nothing like it.  If there was, we might all be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Acrobat seems to working, I sent a DMP file separately, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version (for permanent license) is Acrobat DC 2017. Subscribers get a later version.

If this old version - not being changed - stopped working, then you need to find what else changed to break it, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therein lies the problem ... working one day, not the next!!

Given I am not the only person having the problem (refer 3 people above above and another 3 people on the parallel post Re: Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 closes immediately ), I doubt it is anything I may have done in my sleep!

So what you are saying is I have to buy an upgrade of my Adobe that worked perfectly fine for 3 years ... how much is that going to cost me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting ...

According to this :  Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Feb 13 (same date as Christian started this thread) Adobe released version Win-15.006.30413"

But the parallel post started in Sep 2017

Given that ... could it be something Adobe did way back in release Win-15.006.30413 - I probably didn't have any cause to check for updates last year although I would have thought updates happen automatically ?????

What do the crash dumps we provided say???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not saying you MUST buy an upgrade. Only that, if something has changed, and Adobe needs to fix anything, fixes only go to current versions. However I see no evidence that the problem is recognised or that there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with Acrobat Pro DC 2015.006.30417 running on Windows Server 2012 R2. It would close if the user was not an administrator. This was solved by giving the users Modify permissions on the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines