• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo shows up wrong in lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently few times seen photo looking sort of corupt in LRScreenHunter_08 Apr. 15 10.15.jpg

If I open same raw file in photoshop camera raw it looks okScreenHunter_09 Apr. 15 10.15.jpg

(Photos are by purpose underexposed to keep iso down,)

All should be newest versions

ScreenHunter_10 Apr. 15 10.22.jpg

Any hints on how I can fix this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo file has become corrupted somehow. The only known causes of this are hardware malfunction somewhere. It could be the hard disk is sending the wrong information to Lightroom, or memory, or even bad camera card or error in transfer from camera to computer. You need to try importing these photos again using different hardware (different transfer hardware, different hard disk) to see if you can isolate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i open the excact same file using photo the problem is not there.. this is somehow LR having the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the disk is sending the wrong information to LR, or memory issues.

As stated, the only known cause of this type of corruption is hardware malfunctions, you need to incorporate this into your thinking, and then do some testing to diagnose the problem.

If you are looking for a "switch" or option in LR to make the problem go away, there is none (because it is not a Lightroom problem).

Also, as JohanEL54 said, it could be just a bad preview file that got corrupted somehow, but the cause of the corruption still needs to be identified and eliminated, or it will keep coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file i open in LR and photoshop is excactly the same file, and a normal copy on a pc makes sure data is ok in the new copy as part of the copying procedure.

But thanks for the feedback here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

visler  wrote

If I open same raw file in photoshop camera raw it looks ok

Is that really the same file you open in Camera Raw? Or is it a copy? This does look like file corruption, but if the same file opened in Camera Raw does not show this, then obviously this can't be corruption. What happens when you choose 'Library - Previews - Build Standard-sized previews' with this file selected?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines