• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no more context menu

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a "security update" for flash player via windows update service. The only thing that irritates me now is that right-clicking anywhere within a running flash application does nothing now. Was the context menu intentionally discarded and if yo, how would one now get into controls (like enabling/disabling hardware accelartion for example)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To investigate further, please provide the following information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 version 1709

Firefox 59.0.2

Flash player 29.0.0.140

on any page that uses flash player

A screenshot wouldn't really help showing behavuiour that is triggered by clicking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to reproduce:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Please provide the exact link to a site that demonstrates the issue you are reporting.

<edit>

Tested on 64-bit Windows 10 version 1709.  The screenshot is for 32-bit Firefox, but I also tested on 64-bit Firefox with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting it anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide a link to the content that demonstrates the behaviour you are experiencing?  "I'm not getting it anywhere" really isn't helpful as there are millions of sites that use Flash and millions more that don't.

You can also try completely uninstalling Flash and re-installing it.  The uninstaller is posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows .  The installers are posted at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even on Flash Player Help

it does not appear when I right click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also unable to reproduce this problem.

Weird symptoms tend to hint that something fundamental is messed up.  The solutions usually tend to be straightforward.

First things first, have you rebooted the computer since you started experiencing this problem?

Have you confirmed that right-click works outside of the browser?  Do you get the windows context menu if you right-click on the desktop, and/or the context menu on HTML content?

Is the context menu problem specific to Firefox, or does it happen in IE/Edge/Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already such kind of issue, uninstall all Flash plugins, reboot then reinstall Flash then reboot did the trick for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that it actually depends on the application whether you can get the menu or not.

Flash Player Help

the animation with the tree will not produce a context menu when right clicking

but for example dragon city game app on fb does give you the menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines