Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My System Info:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.15063.296

System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:2, Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4000 MHz

Built-in memory: 16332 MB

Free memory: 2 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14444 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920

Display: 2

Display Bounds: top=0, left=-1440, bottom=900, right=0

glgpu[0].GLName="AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series"

Current tablet: Wacom Intous Pro

The issue that photoshop is showing to me is that when I am drawing and I want to switch to other window, when I go back to Photoshop to keep drawing the pen pressure doesn't work until I wait 20sec or so, THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME I switch tabs and it's annoying because I can't see general images references to draw from google images or pinterest.

This didn't happen in the previous photoshop version... I started to have this issue with the lastest update. How can I solve this or do I have to wait for an update?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Did you add the required config file to you CC 2018 preferences so the Photoshop would use Wintap api? I also diasnle some ot Windows 10 pen and touch support on windows 10. Also pen double tap distance off.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device driver version etc all you show is a partial system info. You are using Windows 10 and CC 2018 wacom Intuos pro. How do you have your Intuso pro configured. I have mine using wintab API and can not say I see any problem with pen pressure. Switchint between application is not problem the othe application though will be using Microsoft INK Api I only configure my tablet to use wintab API for Photoshop only.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried already switching from wintab to windows ink and vice versa. The same issue keeps happening, the only thing that happened is that when I disabled windows ink, the pen pressure stop working even after I restarted photoshop.

https://gyazo.com/5181a186134430f57d154e71cabbb1d2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add the required config file to you CC 2018 preferences so the Photoshop would use Wintap api? I also diasnle some ot Windows 10 pen and touch support on windows 10. Also pen double tap distance off.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your effort to answer my question. Yes, I already had all those options disabled. I just moved the double click distance to the left just like you showed but I think it wont change anything.

https://gyazo.com/cb4c2516f727a9883f545471f52fb44e

And yes, I made sure I was in the right folder. I am about to reinstall windows 10 lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend. I had the same issue as you. Make sure that the PSUserConfig.txt file you wrote does not contain ".txt" at the end of the name, otherwise it would be "PUSerConfig.txt.txt" and Photoshop would not take it. Notice how the other txt files are just named "sniffer-out" and so on, without having their names finished on ".txt". Try that, delete the .txt portion of the name and leave it as "PUSerConfig", it will still remain being a txt file. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It helped me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys you saved my tablet from flying through the windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack, you're an angel! This finally fixed my issues! Microsoft always breaks my Wacom tablets with their "Creator's Updates", which only seem to harm creators.

Fantastic post and a job well done. Allow me to paypal you $5 to buy you a cup of coffee! Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate
Also important to work well need to be in two lines

correct:

#Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Fix_pen_pressure_cc_2018_Capture.JPG

not in same line with space between WinTab and UseSystemStylus...

not correct :

#Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice you have a newer Wacom device driver then the one I have installed.  You may want to try the one I have installed

6.3.23-1 you have you have 6.3.25-5 installed.

I see this but have not installed 6.3.25-5 for I seem to be workink OK.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**Side note for those who are using this fix on Win10: Be sure you don't type in the .txt, but leave the name as "PSUserConfig" ONLY, otherwise the file itself will end up being "PSUserConfig.txt.txt" and Photoshop won't recognize it. Took me an hour to realize this. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set your Windows explored view setting to show  extensions of known file types  so you will not rename files *.txt to *.txt.txt

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this saved me a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines