• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing mutliple objects in close proximity

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a question about a fairly easy action: choosing multiple objects.

Since I have updated my CC Photoshop maybe a year ago, I have been facing this problem, which doesn't let me choose multiple objects in close proximity without zooming in.
Here are the steps I take:

1. When I click on an object transformation tools appear, such as rotation, scaling etc. (If im not mistaken rotation tool was not appearing before the updates)

2. After choosing an object, I try to select another object which is in close proximity.

3. Because of rotation tools appearing around the first selected objects, Im not able to choose the second object.

4. Therefore, to make rotation tools disappear, I have to zoom in for each object to select them.

Note: Rotation tools, which appear when I select an object, also makes it hard for me to select horizontal and vertical scaling handles in small objects.

I was wondering if anyone else is frustrated about this experience?
Or if someone has a solution? Maybe there is a way to turn off rotation tools, which appear when i select an object.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would be great to see a screenshot if al all possible.

To be honest I always keep objects on separate Layers (Each Layer has its own name) and select my objects through the Layers Palette.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 13.02.18.png

If I want to select multiple objects I can do so by press Ctrl/Cmd and selecting the desired Layers.

Also Uncheck the Auto-Select check box.

I hope this helps!

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simmer1, thanks for the quick response, I work with different layers also,
What I do differently is that I use Auto-select Layers.
Please check out the screenshot I added, I have selected the white box in this project, what I want to do next is to select the decorative object located near it, but because of rotation tool, it doesnt allow me to select that layer. Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 3.14.51 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for sending the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 13.24.22.png

So am I correct in understanding that even when you shift+ click on multiple objects and Auto select checked,  Photoshop no longer allows you to select multiple objects?

It work fine my end. You may need to contact tech support if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines