• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch process Action Wizard insert javascript into PDF

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can't find a way to do this. In Adobe Acrobat Pro XI how do I insert (embed) a javascript (document javascript) using the Adobe Acrobat "Action Wizard" (batch processing). I also need to later change out this old javascript with a altered new javascript every month or so on over 300 PDFs. This javascript runs automatically when the person (the reader) opens the PDF. I myself do not want to run a javascript, I only want to batch process (insert) a javascript into 300 PDFs. I need to do this by batch process because manually doing this would be too time consuming. If anyone knows, would you please write out a step by step on how to setup a "Action" to do this. Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using a script. Have a look at the addScript method of the Document object.

With it you can add a doc-level script that will be executed when the file is opened.

Word of warning, though: That script will be executed the moment you add it, so you might want to devise some kind of condition to prevent that, like checking the date or using a global variable or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wished I knew what you're talking about try67. I have some simple HTML

knowledge but I'm afraid my javascript skill is limited to cutting and

pasting existing scripts. If anyone else can walk me through exactly step

by step I'd appreciate it. Thanks try67.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read the documentation of this method. You can use it to embed a script in a file, and if you use it in an Action it can be done for multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines