• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Simple Question. Where Can I find Confidential Help?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a simple process that advice to hand suggests we need to upgrade our software to produce better a higher quality product due to demands fro reproduction to a much larger scale than we currently work on. Photoshop is suggested but I need to confidentially send some illustrations to discuss if it is the correct software and the correct method of use. Some how I seem not to be able to find such a link.

The finished product is to be used in a higher standard of illustration for a major series of books from a quality publisher and to be used in museums etc.

look forward your advice on where to send a confidential inquiry on the matter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO you should create some content like you currently have that is not confidential.   Upload that to a file sharing site post a link to it and ask user here to show what would be possible.   Photoshop is quite good at maintaining quality.  If You want to enlarge and pixels images however every time you interpolate an image you will loose some image quality.   Photoshop can edit image and enhance the image content it is not an application that is designed to make a mountain out of a molehill.

You also should specify what you mean by: "produce better a higher quality product due to demands fro reproduction to a much larger scale than we currently work on."

Illustrations created in a vector Application like Adobe Illustrator will scale to any size without quality loss.  This in not the case with Pixel Images.   Photoshop should not be look at with the idea of increasing image quality to a larger size. You need to start with the required number of high quality pixels from the start.  Photoshop features can edit these to improve your image content. Remove items add items  improve the image sharpness appearance  etc.

Scaling using interpolation will always lose some image quality.  If you downsize you need to discard details you have for your image.  If you upsize you need to manufacture details you do not have for your image.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am advised that the image being worked on itself is of sufficient high quality but the work being done on it is not of sufficient quality to scale up above A4 reproduction size.

Broadly the images scale up to the size needed 2m x 1.5m but our additional work will not to a satisfactory result. That is why I have posed the question specifically asking for a technical contact within Adobe to assist. If I was allowed to publish details on an open forum at this time I would have.

I guess I can assume that Adobe does not directly offer assistance in these questions?

I am somewhat sorry I do not have the technical expertise to experiment myself in the first instance.

Dr Arthur Needham FRAS FRNS etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you consider contracting with a graphics professional, someone with extensive experience in image editing? Have them sign an NDA before you release files to them. That person, if they are a professional will be able to do the high quality work you need and ensure that it can scale up to for your needs. If you don’t have this technical expertise yourself, then purchasing software isn’t going to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images 2M x 1.5M are not viewed up close and personal where the human eye can resolve down to 300 DPI.  Have you tried printing  your images at a lower print resolution so they print 2m x 1.5M to see if their print quality is acceptable?.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help.

I have received excellent technical assistance from another potential supplier. They have provided a sample based on a photograph and instructions and scaling up works.

The scaled up prints have been viewed and accepted by a large customer.

Marvellous what can happen. Yes I know it is Sunday in most places but international cooperation has been fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines