• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project sequence lost - Autosave files missing? Urgent help needed

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a few moments ago I accidentally closed my sequence window. I am new to using Premiere Pro so I thought that closing my sequence meant I had deleted it entirely. In doing so I followed online tutorials and discovered the route of opening and/or importing the most recent Autosave file which I remember was automatically made only 20 minutes previous to this happening.

But, trying both methods (opening a previous project and importing the most recent autosave file) the best that could be recovered was an autosave file from last night with over half of the sequence missing. There are a dozen or so ''missing preview files'' that cannot be found or linked by Premiere and for some reason the most recent autosave file in my file is from last night although it autosaved several times since. The project bin doesn't contain any files before last night either.

By the way, I'm using Premiere Pro CC 9.0 2015 and I am a student using my university's software that I cannot update.

Is this a known issue and is there anything that can be done about it? I'm on a tight deadline and this is 10 hours of work gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your project. In the Project Panel, find the sequence you closed. Double click on it and it will re-open in the timeline.

If you don't remember the sequence name, the sequence(s) will be indicated in the icon view by this symbol:

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 7.19.21 AM.png

or in the list view:

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 7.19.32 AM.png

Double click on the sequence in the Project Panel to open it.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. The only sequence in my project panel is a an older one from last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any bins in your project panel? Make sure the sequence you are looking for is not hiding within a bin.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all I can see.... the sequence 2nd in from the left on the top row is the old sequence I was referring to

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 19.47.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also managed to find these files but they were added yesterday evening also and because there are no details on these files, I can't relink them in my project because I don't know what files they are... All I know is that these are not the most recent files from the project. I think I'm going to have to just cut my losses and do it all again.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 20.15.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've realised these files are clips in my old sequence..... all these clips are no longer playing in the sequence

back to square one-ish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of making a Save a Copy to another drive.

I dont trust auto save.

Did not save to the cloud by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, foolishly I trusted the computer and didn't manually save any work since this morning. At the very least i screen recorded a lot of what I had done up until then which will help me remember how to do it again... It was a very dense edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response but the only sequence in my project panel is an old once from last night.... Its as if all work from today has just disappeared off the earth along with the autosaves....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines