Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warm classic look???

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Does anyone know ways to achieve this reddish warm but darkish colour tone (it may have been shot in the afternoon) where the shadows aren't so deep and mimics '75/80s not the modern stuff you see today that look fairly fake (adding lens and solar flare) VETEMENTS on Instagram: “SPRING SUMMER 18 www.kokko.me @kokkome”

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

I went to CMYK and used the Color Sampler tool to mark a flesh tone in the image and made a note of its values as seen in the Info Panel. Opened another image and marked a similar face area. I called up Curves and by Command+Shift clicking in the marker, placed the values on the separate C, M, Y and K curves. Using the keyboard North and South arrows and looking at the Info panel, I changed the marked value to the one your image. Done.

If you download my sample and compare readings of the same po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are looking for, but this could easily be achieved by overcranking the density of color channels in the CMYK color model while reducing that of others. E.g. in the sample image you'd saturate the Magenta a lot, but only in the areas that actually contained Red and Yellow Tones using a Selective Color adjustment in absolute mode. The rest is just experimentation liek alwaays...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had a feeling it was easy to do but didn't know where to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.jpg

Much of the success in creating the desired color shift depends on the lighting and contrast of the photograph.

That said, beginning with a normal flesh tone, you can come close to the same effect by matching the original image skin value. The image on the left above is similar to your original post. The middle image is an approximate flesh tone created with CMYK Curves. (A general flesh tone starting point is c10 m40 y50 k0). The third image is uses the center image and CMYK Curves to match the value of the original image.

An image with different lighting, different flesh tone and/or contrast will produce an entirely different effect. (Surface blur added)

fig copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That makes much more sense. In fact, Iater found similar photos from the same photographer and it appears that they used some sort of red light in a soft box which is why there's a softer light and lower contrast

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.s. what did you exactly? Did you push down yellows and bring up reds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to CMYK and used the Color Sampler tool to mark a flesh tone in the image and made a note of its values as seen in the Info Panel. Opened another image and marked a similar face area. I called up Curves and by Command+Shift clicking in the marker, placed the values on the separate C, M, Y and K curves. Using the keyboard North and South arrows and looking at the Info panel, I changed the marked value to the one your image. Done.

If you download my sample and compare readings of the same point in each you will see exactly what was changed and the amount of the shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A wee addendum to what the lads have said.  You have a guide in the sample image being the cigarette, which was likely to be white.  Sampling what it is now gives you a target to aim for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines