• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attribute-value support?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do something in RH8, but I don't see a way. Perhaps through user-defined variables, but I don't really see how variables do much more than snippets. Conditions don't seem to apply here either. I would like to define a global attribute, such as 'Product'. Then, the attribute would have different values: 'ProductA', 'ProductB', etc. Then, I would apply the attribute to different topics, selecting different values for each topic. Ultimately, I would like to insert a snippet or variable at the top of a topic, that says, "Applicable Products: "x, y, z". The 'x, y, z' would be a list of products this topic applies to. This list can change over time, but instead of manually updating the topic, I would just update the topic's values for the 'Product' attribute, and the snippet in the topic would update itself. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009
Thank you. It seems I posted this in the wrong category, so I'll mark this one as 'answered' and re-post in the right place to see if I get any more suggestions. I apologize for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a variable called "product" with a single value which can be changed to "ProductA" or "ProductB" as required. You can also use a snippet or snippets to add the "Applicable Products: x, y, z" as appropriate. It sounds like ideally you are after a variable within a variable. As far as I'm aware there is no way this can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It seems I posted this in the wrong category, so I'll mark this one as 'answered' and re-post in the right place to see if I get any more suggestions. I apologize for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp