• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Camera RAW support

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a standalone version on LR ... and several updates ...... but do not have (or want) to have a subscription service, as I only use the programme occasionally & lightly.

I have a new camera  (Lumix GX9)   which is fully supported in subscription version, but not listed for the standalone product ........... are those who invested in buying the programme now being dropped by Adobe?

Or is there a way to request Adobe to port this to 6.14

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Cameras supported by Camera Raw​ to find what version of LR you need for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has NOT abandoned you in this matter.

You can download and use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter version 10.3, and convert your RAWs to DNG, which you can import into your Lightroom.

However, Lightroom 6.14 will not be updated in the future. Adobe has been very clear about this. You have to use the DNG Converter, which has always been FREE and most likely always will be FREE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE now requires me to use 2 Apps rather than an integrated solution ?

Really feels like ADOBE no longer wants those who have invested money in a stand-alone product as customers, may not feel it to you but certainly feels like being abandoned by me.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could buy a subscription package that was just for LR ....... but all I get when I look is an expensive package price for PS & LR ............. too expensive for a guy with infrequent use.

So no upgrades, an no camera support in the app I purchased - that is plain shameful Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tafflad  wrote

ADOBE now requires me to use 2 Apps rather than an integrated solution ?

Yes, that's right, if you want the latest and greatest features, you (like everyone else) have to pay for them.

but certainly feels like being abandoned by me.

I don't think the word "abandoned" means what you think it does. Adobe has provided two paths forward so you can continue to use Lightroom 6.14. One involves using a FREE app, the other involves purchasing a subscription. That is in no way 'abandoned'. Perhaps you don't like those solutions, but that isn't 'abandoned'.

So no upgrades, an no camera support in the app I purchased - that is plain shameful Adobe.

And just so that you are aware, we are not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom users. Your complaints really are unnecessary here in this forum. You ought to write Adobe a letter if you are unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the reasons that camera manufactures should adopt the DNG concept. If they did, then we/you wouldn't have this problem!

So, it is not actually Adobe's fault. Why do camera manufactures insist on having their own particular format?

DNG should be as ubiquitous as JPEG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have to go with format that Camera provides.  I know DNG is a patented ADOBE format, maybe that is why manufacturers won't adopt it, unlike 'expert group standards'

Anyway .... a follow on Q, looks like I am screwed that Adobe will not support my new camera - no RAW profile and no Camera profile.

Is there a way to port in the settings from the Cloud version ?

The Raw images import, open and will edit in LR 6.14 - but no camera profile.

Are there any 3rd party sites that include a profile 'patch'  ?

I notice one of the alternatives for example if a camera is not supported, they ask for a set sequence of pictures and they will then provide a profile.

Having bought Lightroom and invested in the time to learn it ... would prefer to find a solution rather than go buy competitor product and start again.

I know form another post I can convert to DNG suing Utility - but does that give me any improvement over importing without camera profile ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not screwed. You have options. It is possible you don't like the options, but you are not screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't help at all with the questions raised though.

I know there is a subscription version - but I don't want & can't afford that.  I also do no want any on-line storage, I keep my images on my own HDDs

Been burned once alreday by Photobucket 'hijacking my images for money'

Hence my questions which are open enough questions .....

Adobe have ceased support for licensed versions.

So the position I am in is that LR will load my RAW files - but no camera profile

Q.   Is there a way to port in the settings from the Cloud version ?

Q. Or there any 3rd party sites that include a profile 'patch'  ?

Q I understand from another post I can convert to Adobe DNG format using a conversion utility - but does that give me any improvement over importing without camera profile ?  ... i.e will it add camera profile information to the DNG file

If the latter then not ideal but at least a way forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot port settings from the cloud version. But when you download the latest DNG converter it also installs all the latest camera profiles along with it. So I believe it will install the profiles for your camera. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Users were notified months ago that Lightroom 6 .14 would be the final release for standalone Lightroom. Adobe continues to support you via the DNG converter. It's a free utility. It's easy to install and use. It's your choice whether or not to use it. Software availability has historically changed, not just with Adobe but with many different software makers. Adobe has made a choice which has proven to be in the best interest for the company and for the majority of its users of Lightroom. If that choice isn't the best for you, that's unfortunate. They have provided a reasonable alternative with the DNG converter, in my opinion. It works, but you have to be willing to modify your workflow just a little in order to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I will try to find the DNG converter and try it.

If it does install profiles then I have a way forward for now.

I have no doubt about your comment that Adobe has "made a choice which has proven to be in the best interest for the company", just don't agree with the second part - as it certainly not in my best interest.

I could justify  ~£60 for an upgrade every couple of years ..... but not £120 a year subscription, for an amateur occasional user just not economic sense.

I like LR and hope your suggestion to convert to DNG works ........ Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines