• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharpening settings

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. After editing a photo and applying sharpening, if I decide to go back and make some further changes to the image, should I undo the sharpening first and then after the editing sharpen it?

2. Are there any general sharpening setting guidelines for working with portraits?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't have to undo them. Lightroom is a parametric editor, which means that all your edits are written in the catalog. Only when they are needed, such as when you export an image, those edits will be applied and always in a particular order that Adobe feels is best. So the order in which you make edits is irrelevant.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2. Are there any general sharpening setting guidelines for working with portraits?

As a basic rule for portraits I'd suggest to set Details rather low (i.e.10) and Masking rather high (i.e. 70) - however, that heavily depends on your shot.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines