• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning on and off Individual Tone Curve Channels?

Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with the Tone Curve there seems to be one switch that either turns on the effect or turns it off for whatever is done to the RGB, R,G,and B channels. I want to be able to make changes to each individual channel and go back to see how it looked prior to working in that channel. So perhaps I work on the RGB channel and then make changes to the G channel and I want to turn off the G channel but still keep the RGB changes turned on. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could make a preset called ZeroRED for instance by creating a tone curve preset with all the RGB at default or as you say OFF

Then hand edit the tone curve section of the preset like this by getting rid of all the curve data except RED.  Create two more for Green and Blue.   To turn off the RED channel just place your cursor on the ZeroRED preset but don't press it and the preview will show what you want.     Not great but I tried it and it seems to work;

Before

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.39.45 PM.jpg

After

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.40.07 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines