• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop specification help - i5 or i7

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, wondering if you could help.

Im currently using a mid 2011 IMac 21.5 inch desktop and I’m looking to upgrade, I’m keeping the desktop but I’m looking to move to a laptop as I want to be able to edit on the go.

Ive been trawling laptops for a long time now and it’s very difficult to pick. I’m looking for a general all rounder as my other half will also be using it for day to day business.

I think im going to go for an Asus Zenbook, I’m wanting to keep the budget under £1200.

Ive found two good deals, one is an i5 and the other i7 and I’m wondering if you can help with regards to wether or not the i7 is worth the extra £200 when all other specs are the exact same.

In in terms of photoshop editing, I do a few shoots a month and only do editing such as skin retouching etc, nothing overly complex.

Links are here - i5

UX550VD-BN011T, ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD-BN011T with GTX1050 4GB

I7

UX550VD-BN068T, ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD-BN068T with GTX1050 4GB

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spec looks a bit unbalanced with only 8GB RAM - really just entry level for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The i7 has a larger capacity hard drive 512GB vs 256GB for the i5

Take a look here

http://laptopmedia.com/comparisons/intel-core-i5-7300hq-vs-intel-core-i7-7700hq-which-one-is-better-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I agree with Ged, go for the i7 512GB. Even though your only retouching in Photoshop, when you have less Ram your stratch disk can get full pretty quickly and that will slow down your computer.

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for help everyone.

I’m reluctant to spend the extra money for the next one up, trying to save a bit.

With that in mind then, would you recommend I’m better off getting somethig that’s an I7 is a lower spec in other areas compared to these.

Something like this:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asus-zenbook-ux430ua-core-i7-8550u-8gb-256gb-ssd-14-inch-windows-10-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines