• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting unwanted Moire I've never seen before in PS. HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon 5D Mk iii. I have never had any moire in the past 3 years I've had this camera.  I have always used LR and PS together.  I work on a Mac computer.  Yesterday, I uploaded photos and they are fine in Lightroom but as soon as I import them over into Photoshop I get Moire all over the picture including the face and hair.  I updated PS hoping that would help.  But today I uploaded new pictures and they also have Moire.  I had my camera checked and cleaned one week ago by Canon and the first set of pics I uploaded after that was fine as usual.  So I do not feel it is the camera.  Insterestingly, when I save the pic it to jpeg and open it on my mac as an image it does not have the moire, however when I upload that same jpeg to a Shootproof gallery it does have the Moire.  Please help.  I need to figure this out asap.

Thank you, Leslie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

So I covered all my basis on this. I spoke with Apple, (not the Mac), called Canon, (not the camera) called Adobe yesterday for an hour. Said it was an optical illusion. I knew that this was not the case as it was also in the hair. I called them again today and went through to upper manager as I was not convinced still even though they kept telling me the same thing. After 1 hr 45 mins they finally figured out it is something with the new update. So we uninstalled and reinstalled an older

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the image is open in Photoshop, does the Moire change if you zoom in? Does the Moire disappear zoomed in to 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, good. That would indicate that your camera/the file itself is not the culprit, but your display. Your monitor pixels are of a certain number and size. When patterns don’t line up with the pixels, the patterns become distorted. If you’d like, adding a small amount of blur to the pattern(s) can reduce or eliminate much of the moire you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Benjamin.

!!! I will try that. I did just make my monitor a tad darker, so maybe that did something. I can’t hank you enough!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/963429

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is at 100%.  So there is no Moire at this view %

Screen Shot 1 .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no Moire at this view

But there is, look left of the collar.

You should try addressing it in ACR with an Adjustment Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your feedback. 

Can you tell me how this is happening in the first place?  I've never had it happen before.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how this is happening in the first place?

Textiles (and other objects effectively containing patterns) can cause Moire on digital photography because the sensor pixel grid and the pattern within the recorded object overlap.

Moiré pattern - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I covered all my basis on this. I spoke with Apple, (not the Mac), called Canon, (not the camera) called Adobe yesterday for an hour. Said it was an optical illusion. I knew that this was not the case as it was also in the hair. I called them again today and went through to upper manager as I was not convinced still even though they kept telling me the same thing. After 1 hr 45 mins they finally figured out it is something with the new update. So we uninstalled and reinstalled an older version. Bam!! Works just fine!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with photo's I have edited in LR/PS and they look fine when I download the images to my computer but then I uploaded them to a gallery in shootproof and they have this issue.  I am not sure if I should send gallery to the client.  When I download images from the gallery they look fine on my computer. Will the portraits if sent to the printing company through shootproof come out with the moire or not? Do you know?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it looks good viewed at 100%, the file is fine. Always check this at 100% view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much it's  happening to me too since last night. I am goig crazy... I'll unistall and reinstall and see if that changes anything. Do you know if we keep our previous edits when we untinstall and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines