• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 / Mac High Sierra 10.13.3 Crashing

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from LR 5 because of regular crashes whilst editing.

Exactly the same problem with LR 6 - crashed several times a day in DEVELOP mode.

Hugely frustrating.

Any ideas? Anyone else having the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the most current version of LR 6? It is 6.14 and can be downloaded from here

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to update Lightroom 6.0 to the latest version Lightroom 6.14 (fourteen) lots of bug fixes over the years. version six has been out.

You can access the LR 6.14 update patch at the link below.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading my Mac OS to High Sierra, Lightroom 6, v6.6, crashes immediately upon opening. If I restarted the computer, it would open without a problem. It would routinely crash if I selected erase while using the brush tool. Restarting, yet again, would again be required.

Today, after the latest upgrade to the OS, even that trick does not work. I'm dead in the water with Lightroom. Anybody have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you bother to read this complete thread. LR 6.6 is OLD. Update it to LR 6.14.

If that update doesn't fix your problem revert your OS to a version that works. Then complain to Apple for randomly changing the OS so older software doesn't work on the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I was confused by the numbering system. I assumed that 6.6, being a larger number than 6.14, as the decimal system goes, would be the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was 6 (Six) larger than 14 (Fourteen)? Is that the New Math. 6.14 is not 6.1.4. So 6.6 is much older than 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If starting at 6.14 (if thinking in decimal), and I add pennies (versions) to get to 6.6, I have "updated" the amount (versions). Thus endeth the lesson-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If starting at 6.14 (if thinking in decimal), and I add pennies (versions) to get to 6.6, I have "updated" the amount (versions). Thus endeth the lesson-

Yeah, the notation widely used by many software vendors (as you've discovered) isn't decimal notation.  "6.6" is read as "major version 6, minor version 6", and "6.14" is read as "major version 6, minor version 14".  Since minor version 6 comes before 14, then "6.6" comes before "6.14".  Not exactly obvious and many non-geeks get tripped up by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perryw83642045  wrote

So you are looking at .6 as .60. In that case then yes 60 (sixty) is larger than 14.

If you look at the update list. If 6 was newer that 14 wouldn't you think 6.6 would be nearer the top instead of at the bottom?

Download 6-6-1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ve upgraded now. Will try for a few days and see how it goes.

Get the sentiment about Apple and their upgrades - focus is on what they young west coast dudes think are cool features, don’t care about what people in the real world doing real work need.

Adobe on the other hand just want to maximise how much money they can get out of their user base.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.0 crash on my Mac with High Sierra.

The 6.14 update is impossible because Adobe Application Manager is 9.0

So, I run Application Manager and automatically update to Adobe Creative Cloud !

But the 6.16 LR Update don't work !

So, I uninstall LR 6.0 and download a new file of this version, but impossible to install !!!!

I try to install Adobe Application Manager 10.0 but impossible to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read reply #1 from https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just%20Shoot%20Me . Go to that link, download the application installer (and then install LR 6.0) and then download LR 6.14 and install that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already try this : impossible to install version 6.0 of LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Christophe+LEUPE  wrote

impossible to install version 6.0 of LR

Why not? What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you translate this error message into English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Translate : Setup was unable to initialize. A file may not be found. Download Adobe Support Advisor to identify the problem.

So, if you search this program :

The Adobe Support Advisor has been discontinued !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, then try the install.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run this utility but after the cleaning, I have always the same message for LR install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have deleted Light Room.

I change my photo software and never again Adobe Software !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines