• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Linking / Tethering Question from Mobile Tablet to Desktop

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1). For my head shot photography business, I want to tether from my camera to my tablet via a cable. (I have an I Pad Mini). So that when I take a photo, the image will appear in Lightroom mobile for the client to view. Is this possible?

2). I next want to tag or "star" the photo that the client chooses. This tagging or "starring" will also occur in Lightroom mobile, just after the client views the images. Is this possible?

3). When I arrive home, I want to send the tagged images to the Lightroom Classic CC that is on my desktop, for editing. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance to all who respond.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. LrMobile doesn't have any tethering capability. If tethering to the iPad is possible, the photos would go into Apple Photos, and then LrM could receive copies (you have to enable auto add and specify a collection). This is the main risk area for you - can you tether to the iPad so new photos go into Apple Photos?

2. Yes, in LrM.

3. Yes, though this could happen sooner if your iPad is connected to the internet. So if you have a sim card and mobile data is enabled, LrM will start uploading. Alternatively, over wifi connections there is automatic uploading to Adobe's servers and down into Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use a laptop computer with Lightroom CC Classic installed, I assume that I could tag images and then export those to my desktop Lightroom later. Is that correct?

Just looking for a way for my clients to see the image captures and then choose which one they would like to keep. Then do all of the editing back at my home (desktop) computer. But I would have to be able to transfer the "tagged" images from a laptop to my desktop.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, to take work on one computer to another you use the command File > Export as Catalog, which creates a small catalogue of the selected photos. Move that to your other computer and File > Import from Another Catalog,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines