• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere to Media Encoder hates white PNG with alpha

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked for people that have had the same problem, but haven't been able to find one yet. Here's the issue - when exporting a sequence using Premiere Pro (nothing fancy...straight video with no effects with b-roll and my company's logo over the footage for product reviews), I have no issues - export is perfect. But the problem comes in when I try do export the same thing through dynamic link with Media Encoder. When I start the encode, the first few seconds are perfect, but when I get to the first edit, the color goes weird and the image freezes. Check out this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 9.54.55 AM.png

I've been able to track the problem to the PNG file that is the white (correctly colored) logo in the bottom left of the screenshot above. The problem starts when that PNG file begins on the timeline (I know this because if I remove that PNG altogether, AME works fine). I've been using that overlay bug for the last nearly 6 years with no problems, but when I upgraded CC to 12.1 a couple weeks ago, it started giving me issues. A couple other things that I've noticed:

- other PNGs work just fine, including the colored version of the same logo

- adding the logo with AME's effects/image overlay command does the same thing

- it happens to other sequences in other projects with the same white logo, but this is the first time in almost 6 years this has happened

- I tried recreating the image in photoshop by resizing and relocating an image and renaming it something else, but it still won't work

- I also tried using the color version of the logo and using the color overlay in PS to make it white, and it still failed

- I'm on a Mac using the fully-updated CC software (for now) on OS 10.12.6

It's clearly something to do with the PNG, but what changed inside Media Encoder to make this not work? Why will it not work when it's got a white overlay, but the original full color version is fine? I really don't want to have to change the file type since I use this file in pretty much everything I do and reconnecting them all will be not so fun.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

In AME's preferences, uncheck 'import sequences natively' and see if it works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AME's preferences, uncheck 'import sequences natively' and see if it works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success. I wish everything was that easy. For my own curiosity, what does that command mean/how does it work? There is obviously a reason for it to be there, so it has a benefit somewhere for someone (for those without pure white PNG files, clearly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a clue ... except turning it off solves so many issues ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever works, I guess. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive unchecked and I am still getting this issue. See attached picture. Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 11.47.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Premiere release has known issues with PNG images. Best to NOT install new releases right away, let others figure out issues first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks for the suggestion. I am for sure waiting until I update any adobe program again! Just got off the phone with tech support was able to resolve the issue with using the original vector file of the logo since it is already transparent.

The issue was PNG's suck with the new update even if you interlace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have recognized that bug and are going to be posting a patch update "soon", which we all hope is soon.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like soon was last night/this morning. Hopefully this fixes the issues other people have been seeing. I haven't had any issues since unchecking the box in AME.

New features summary for the April 2018 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines