Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view opened Captivate file in CP9, but able to publish

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Captivate 9. Recently, it seems one of my files has gotten corrupted, so it is not opening.

However, there is a wierd situation on this - the file still shows up as a tab in the Captivate window AND I can also publish it without any issues.

So I cannot view it or edit it but I can publish it (I tried different publish formats and that worked too..).

Note - I cannot recover the file from cache since I cleared the cache this morning itself and any new cached copies are not opening when I try to recover them.

Also, to save space, I did not have the Create Project Backup option checked - so no .bak file either

Please help. I think Captivate does have an intact copy of the file somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't be able to publish it, that too in multiple formats (SWF, HTML5, Video etc.)

P.S. I also tried opening the file on different machines or in a later version (CP2017), but no luck there either.

Thanks

Aneesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resetting Captive preference? This could be your last option to try I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources