• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro will not launch after latest update (Window 7)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2018 will not launch.

Error code 0xc0000005

After Effects CC 2018 will not launch. Error code 0xc0000005

Media Encoder CC2018 will not launch. Error code 0xc0000005

Window 7 Pro 64 bit

Xeon E3-1535 v5

64 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro M4000M (driver 382.05)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I was told by support that Microsoft Visual C++ updates were to blame. They ran a repair on all of them and for a minute it seemed to work but then NOPE.

My issue is either:

1. Load Premiere then the computer shuts down.

or

2. Premiere loads but when trying to render computer shuts down.

Then I find that windows shuts down once or twice after that Premiere bug triggered shutdown.

Adobe support claimed:

"ntdll.dll and other .DLL are due to Corrupt or partial microsoft update packages

So we ran repairs on them and it still happened.... then I went drastic and wiped the machine, installed Windows 10 again, ran updates and installed Premiere Pro again. Exact same issue! Still shutting down the machine. (I've done a thorough hardware test and can confirm no issues there)

Some of the errors I was getting before the re-install:

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

####

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

####

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\AAM Updates Notifier.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterCore.dll

####

I will have to run some tests to see what new errors may come up.

I hope this gets solved ASAP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

After another call with Adobe support we were able to run Premiere Pro and also render video IF we disabled the NVIDIA GPU....

So now I am working out next best steps in regards to how to resolve the issue with Nvidia.

Will update you if and when I find a fix.

Cheers,

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[RESOLVED]

OK I have installed the latest drivers for Nvidia over the default ones that came with the base install. This appears to have resolved the issue for me.

If you have an extra GPU the try disabling it in Device Manager to see if you can open Premiere with that one disabled. If it does open then try downloading the latest drivers for it.

Screenshots of the before and after drivers below.

BEFORE:

Old Driver.PNG

AFTER:

After.PNG

I can now open Premiere Pro with no issue, and I can also render. Tried several times with no crash.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a work around resolution posted to Twitter by Adobe support that worked for me and I will leave here to help others:

"...the bug is filed for Premiere Pro 12.1 & After Effects 15.1 versions. You can install Premiere Pro 12.0.1 and After Effects 15.0.1. Also, install the same version of Media Encoder for compatibility."

So fellow sufferers, give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed but it will not launch unless I choose to launch with Integrated graphics and not my Quadro Card.  I have also tried installing the newest release 12.1.1 and I'm having exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my Adobe contacts have told me that some may get it to run, however, those on Windows 7 should not be updating to Premiere 2018. I'm working with several government agencies media departments and they were told not to update to Premiere 2018 if you are on Windows 7 as well. Once again, some may be successful but it is highly unstable or just won't run. From Adobe Requirements pages:

• Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) or Windows 8.1 (64 bit), or Windows 10 (64 bit). However Windows 10 is recommended

Every client I am working with with Windows 7 have major issues right now. Our Windows 10 systems are running flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to Windows 10 is not an option. Maya, Vray and Nuke are stable under this configuration which happens to be identical on my render boxes. Adobe needs to get it together. Looks like I'll be reverting to 12.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesc76734785​ according to that Tweet I quoted above and my own experience, Premiere Pro 12.0.1 is the version working under Windows 7 64 bit, though your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can workaround the issue (worked for me) by

1. Opening Nvidia Control Panel.

2. Under 3D Settings, Go to Manage 3D Settings.

3. Click on the Program Settings Tab and Select Adobe Premiere Pro from the dropdown list.

4. Then choose 'Integrated Graphics' (or any option aside from Nvidia or Use Global Setting). Hit Apply.

5. Adobe Premiero Pro should start up now .

P.S. I'm on a Laptop with Nvidia Geforce 650m running on Windows 7.
This seems like an Nvidia-Premiere conflict. So keep this workaround until a new Nvidia driver update or Premiere update is released. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the software without the GPU would not work for most professional tasks... so, does your solution still allow settings in Premiere (and AE and ME) that enable (and actually use) the GPU acceleration? Or are you suffering through with just software and the main CPU for renders and output?

Clearly, if you can still get the GPU to work (and work well - not crash, etc.,) once PP boots, that is a better solution than rolling back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines