Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Len Profile can't auto detect of my len Tamron 70-200 G2 A025N

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Nikon D750, shooting NEF.

Len Profile can't auto detect of my len Tamron 70-200 G2 A025N.

I must select the len from from manually.

Classic CC version 7.1, camera raw 10.1

I suffer from this problem a few month, please check what's wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find a temporary solution in Steve's answer #5 here:Re: LR doesn't detect lens profile automatically

Can you please upload a sample RAW to some file-sharing service so I can check with Adobe if there is a duplicate Lens ID issue or something else that prevents auto-detecting?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, here is the file.

lenProfile Test - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll post back here if I can find out something.

In the meantime, try the solution posted/linked above.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had to edit my post, because before reading Your post I thought that the profile for this lens is not in the Lightroom's database, but I was wrong. I am having the same problem as You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile is there since LR 6.9.

Use the solution linked above to assign the profile as new default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting I have trouble with this using a Nikon as well ....

I can select manually but the lens name doesn't always show correctly in the Lens Correction panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 G2 (shot with Nikon D7500)

The Lens Profile is not being detected automatically. After choosing "Tamron", LR jumps to the older verison (A009), then I can browse down to the actual lens (A025N)

very annoying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Nikon version writes generic lens metadata to the image, which provides LR no way to disambiguate it from other 70-200 F2.8 lenses. The matching logic picks the first profile it finds in the profile database. You can provide the matching logic with a hint by setting a new Lens Profile Default so that each time that lens/camera body combination is used, the logic will know to pick the A025N and not the older A009 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines