Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 - Interrupt animations

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a big problem with Adobe Captivate. And indeed animations do not completely run. In the preview when I press the spacebar everything runs correctly, but in the preview in the browser interrupt the animations. It's the same with all animations.

This is the preview with the space button:

An this is the final preview in the browser

An here the timeline.

2018-04-17 08_55_54-Schädlingsbekämpfung.cptx_.jpg

I can not understand why the animation in the final version is not finished, and runs in the preview in the program.

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Take a GOOD look at the screenshot you have posted here of the timeline.

Do you see the two Smart Shape buttons you have near the top of the layers?  Do you see that they are both pausing the timeline at 1.5 seconds from the start of the slide?

Is that about where your playback stops?

Perhaps you need to learn more about how the Captivate timeline works, especially about how interactive objects in Captivate will pause playback unless their pausing behaviour is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a GOOD look at the screenshot you have posted here of the timeline.

Do you see the two Smart Shape buttons you have near the top of the layers?  Do you see that they are both pausing the timeline at 1.5 seconds from the start of the slide?

Is that about where your playback stops?

Perhaps you need to learn more about how the Captivate timeline works, especially about how interactive objects in Captivate will pause playback unless their pausing behaviour is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I ask a user: "Do you understand the timeline", mostly they answer 'Of course' but in 90% of the cases that is not correct, even for those who have been using Captivate for years. For that reason I put Timeine as number one stumbling block and in any basic training I will spend at least a full day to explore the ins and outs of timelines. As Rod points out, you have three interactive objects (shape buttons) with a pausing point at 1,5secs. Those pausing points wouldn't have paused real animations (animated GIF's, OAM's) but they do pause Effects created in Captivate.

I have been presenting about the Timeline on several occasions, will do so again (two presentations) at the Adobe eLearning Conference in DC the 25th of April. For those who were not able to attend, here are some resources:

Interactive movie published from one of the Captivate presentations; it has several links to other movies illustrating Timeline workflows, and to blog posts:

Captivate's Timeline    

If you prefer reading, this article is a real must:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. That helps me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources