• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It it possible to have install both Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and 7.2

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously it is impossible to run two versions of Lightroom at the same time without them interfering with each other, and certainly not with the same catalog (or is it?) but is it possible to have both versions installed so that you can choose which one to use? The reason I ask is that 7.3 has features I like, but I was finding it slower than 7.2. So it would be good to have the option to choose, perhaps from the Adobe CC desktop app, (a) so that I can systematically compare how they perform, and (b) so I could use a different one depending on what I am planning to do.

I am running on MacOS. Of course, the other option would be to run one under MacOS, and the other under Windows 10 using a VM, but the latter would have a speed penalty.

Moderator: Moved to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not possible.

You can have LR 6 and LR 7 installed but you can't have multiple  LR 7 versions.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's technically possible, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. To do it technically is relatively simple. Rename, and then temporarily zip your current Lightroom installation. So change the application name and its folder to 'Lightroom 7.2' for example and then zip the folder. Then install Lightroom again (that will install 7.3). After that is done, you can unzip the old installation.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. I'd definitely not recommend to try this because it's not only the program folder that has changes between the two versions, specially between 7.2 and 7.3.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/F.+McLion  wrote

.. I'd definitely not recommend to try this because it's not only the program folder that has changes between the two versions, specially between 7.2 and 7.3.

True. The biggest problem will be the new profiles. When a new profile gets assigned to an image in Lr 7.3, then opening the catalog with Lr 7.2 will change this again. So no, not recommended at all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines