• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After ~2 hours, cant edit anything or save

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for the last month or so. After about 2 hours of using PS, all the sudden I can't rotate any layers or save anything as png. I can still save to psd. The only consistent fix seems to be a full restart. Occasionally after closing PS for a couple hours, it will work again. Reinstalling does nothing, nor has any update fixed it. Wondering if theres anything I can do besides a full windows reinstall, which is what I've been planning to do, but definitely might rush it now. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things that come to mind:

Edit > Purge which should get rid of anything taking up space while you are working.

When you exit, check your disk's free space. Your disk may be running out of room and it's scratch space for Photoshop.

Scratch Disks: How do I set one up? What do they do? Should I use one? - Latest Apple Mac Pro News &...

And here are some tips to optimize Photoshop for best performance:

Optimize performance Photoshop CC

You may want to reset preferences if that's not enough. Corrupt Preference can affect performance.

So see how this goes.

Gene

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, how much space do you have for your scratch disk? How many hard drives on your machine? How large are the images you work on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines