• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files opening VERTICALLY! Really BAD idea. Help!

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop CC opens multiple files in a VERTICAL column.

TERRIBLE!

When they opened 'along a DIAGONAL', you could (just about) see what file was

The new system impedes productivity

How can I switch it back ?

Also, which MUPPET at Adobe comes up with these terrible ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you checked your Window > Arrange settings

tileimages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if they left the default where it was, but - just for a laugh - let's do the 'manual thing'

You can't just press a button and have it do...

Window > Arrange >  Float All In Windows

You need to first choose...

Window > Arrange Consolidate All to Tabs

THEN you can do

Window > Arrange >  Float All In Windows

I'm not sure what the politically sensitive way to say this is (so please suggest a nicer way to put it and I will update my post), but it's plain retarded

How a multi-billion dollar corporation can still have such CLUNKY menu systems/option selection processes is simply stunning

Also, if people have been opening new files in 'diagonally aligned windows' for 19 versions of the software - why-oh-why would they change the default and not have a "Preferred it the way it was?  Click here to go back" button, I will never know

IT'S ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY PEOPLE

Changing the fundamentals in a way that introduces 'new steps/additional clicks' is STUPID

Please Adobe - can we have some SMART thinking that makes life EASIER not HARDER?

I'm still amazed at the whole, "Oh, you wanted to see the fonts change size 'live' ?" debacle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a user forum so you're not actually addressing Adobe here, may I suggest you post over on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  Last time I posted a problem here, we got a response from Hannah Nicollet - which was quite useful

Plus there is a chance that someone here has experienced the same problem and has a solution

#LiveInHope 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the best is to disable them in the preferences (edit>preferences>workspace, then disable Open documents as Tabs, and Enable Floating Document Window Docking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines