• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet no pen pressure in After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a wacom intuos draw for use in After Effects. The pen pressure is not working in after effects even when dynamics is set to pen pressure. It simply sraws a 1 px line. I attached an image to show what I mean. The tablet and pen pressure work perfectly in Photoshop so it seems like an after effects problem. I have the most recent driver and totally up to date with cc 2017. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see your attached image. Can you show us your settings where you have it set to pen pressure? What, exact, version number of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatthewB,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup!

I just noticed this when I tried to do stamp cloning.

This problem was fixed once and is broken again. After Effects Paint/Clone tool does not recognize pen pressure. If pen pressure is selected, like transparency, nothing visible is painted.

After effects 14.2.1 and Wacom driver 6.3.21-8.

Wacom driver? Does anybody know what driver version works properly with multiple modifier keys (Cmd, Alt, Cntrl) and in After Effects 14.2.1? I'm lost already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Using the current version of AE, latest Wacom Drivers and this is not fixed. Using an Intuos 4. Works great in Photoshop and Illustrator. Broken in AE. All Paint/Clone/Erase brushes draw with what seems to be 0% pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken in After Effects V15.0.1

Latest Mac Wacom driver 6.3.27-2 does not help.

Paint has been broken too long. Having no size or opacity control with pressure.

Paint is a pretty important feature.

Please, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem, No Wacom pen pressure. Adobe please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE won't even let me select different brushes in the brush palette. Major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, so Wacom tilt works but pen pressure does not? I updated everything, deleted AE prefs etc.. still no pressure. Really need this. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would just like to join in here and echo the same issue - can't get pen pressure to respond in After Effects.  A glance through the forums, it looks like this has been an issue in AE off and on for quite a while.  Anybody able to find a fix/workaround?

AE CC 2018.0 (15.0.1)

Wacom Cintiq 22HDT, driver v.6.3.29-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix. Asked Kevin M to push for one. Haven't heard anything in several months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, whats up? It been forever and mine is still not working. So weird that pressure works fine with all other products. PLEASE Adobe, I really need this function for my projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/4tc89j/problem_with_my_wacom_in_ae/

"OH MY GOSH I FIXED IT!!!! I had this same problem and what you need to do is this...such a simple fix!! In the brush settings when it pops up as a toolbar... it has options for brush dynamics: size, angle, etc. You need to set the SIZE to OFF, not PEN PRESSURE which I think is the default. If you click the preset sizes then it will keep automatcially switching back to pen pressure option. So instead you need to adjust it by dragging the number next to 'diameter' rather than clicking the preset size such as 1,3,5,9,13 etc."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dano, I appreciate the thought, but it's not a fix. I saw this several months ago and the reddit poster was so excited I thought this must be the answer.

Then I realized they're saying: "Pen pressure doesn't work so I turned it off! Yay!" This is very silly.

It's like saying "AfterEffects won't let me draw squares! OH MY GOSH! I fixed it by drawing a CIRCLE INSTEAD!!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe is really ignoring users who need this option, very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest After Effects April 2018 version. No help

Brush Dynamics is still broken.

Bug reported to Adobe and contacted Wacom as well... Bummer!

I wish someone would finally fix this. Seems I have to test downgrading to Wacom driver version 6.3.15-3 - it may work. I hate loosing features downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just come across a different display of what I presume to be the same issue. I have a degree of pen pressure working but only at the initial point of contact with the pen. I can't actually make a stroke, only a spot. The same if I use a mouse.
The only way my paint tool works is if I completely remove my Wacom from use (unplugged from pc) and restart my computer.

This is also the case on all the macs at my university.

I've tried downgrading drivers and it makes no difference unfortunately.

Edit!!!: I have working pressure and strokes!
Seeing as strokes were working after a restart with no tablet plugged in, I decided to try plugging in the tablet without a restart of either program or computer and currently, all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emma, that's more or less the issue I'm getting. I'm still struggling here.

Let me see if I'm understanding you. Do you:
A) Unplug the tablet, do a restart, launch the program, then plug in the tablet?

Or

B) Unplug the tablet, plug it back in. It works.

Either way I'm not getting results over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma

Can you tell what is your system and Wacom hardware/driver, please?

No unplugging or reinstalling hasn't made any difference for me.

Wacom brush dynamics is broken for pressure in After Effects. Pen tilt does work, which is "funny".

I had a long email chat with Wacom support, but they could not offer any solution either. "Just wait for a new driver". Disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

in reply to davidn92468579 I did option A

My system is Windows 10 based, After Effects CC v.15.1. Wacom 24HD driver version 6.3.29-4.

I am about to retry my theory as I now don't need the brush tool so I'm safe to experiment. I shall also update my drivers to 6.3.29-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since most OSs now have pen & touch functionality sometimes the proprietary applications interfere with 3rd party drivers. On Windows systems the "flicks" & "ink" functionality often conflicts with pressure sensitivity.  Turning these off can sometimes help.  Other people have said something as simple as removing their pen's nib and putting back in fixes the issue (which is weird but...).

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm now having trouble reproducing the issue, my brush dynamics are so far consistently working so I'm confused. On one hand I want it to break to try and find a fix, on the other I'm happy it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated my drivers to 6.3.29-6

it broke me

i'll try rolling back in the morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I can confirm that I consistently get working brush dynamics with CC 15.1 and Wacom drivers 6.3.29-3 and 6.3.29-4 but not with 6.3.29-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Just my luck. I cannot find those drivers for macOS - only Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines