Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Crop Problem

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I´m using the newest version of PS CC and i am having a problem with my Batch crop.

I want to apply the same aspect ratio to a bunch of pictures. I wrote an simple action for that task. Sometimes the cropping has to be adjusted but most of the time its centered and maximized. Since all the pictures have a different resolution, the cropping area is all over the place and different with every picture. I have to scale the cropping area by hand every picture. I have tried changing the cropping tool from aspect ratio to pixel ratio but it doesnt fix it. I dont have the option to change the picture size beforehand because the pictures mustn't be changed, so big pictures have to stay big and small ones small.

Is there a way that the cropping tool area is centered and cropped to the maximum size as default even if the pictures have different sizes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/retouch+2y76015683  wrote

Thank you for your help, but with this script/action I cant fine-tune my crop selection. Like I said, some of the Pictures dont fit and I have to scale them bigger (i have white background). Isnt there a way to use the selection as a default crop and only if i hit enter the action continues (the option for the dialog box for the crop is not available) ?

You did not read all the Action Tips.

The Script should automatically set the largest cen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to download my crafting  actions package.  In it I include  a plug-in  AspectRatioSlection that cans used followed by image crop to do your centered crop.  However I programmed the plug-in not to change a document orientation.  Of if you record a 1 1 ratio it will set a centered  square selection.     However if you record an aspect ratio  like  1 2 the plug-in will set a centered  2:1 landscape selection for Landscape images and a 1:2  Portrait selection for Portrait  images.   For cropping a Landscape to portrait or Portrait to landscape does not work well too much content will be lost and the resulting composition will most likely not be acceptable.

The Plug-in can set rectangle or elliptical selections or path.

However Adobe added a bug into Photoshop scripting in CC 2015.5  that caused the run twice script fail to work corrected.  However you can work around the bug by adding Garbage into the info instruction metadata file.  I use Open document and New Document script even manager events toe do that.  They run this script.

Garbage.jsx

if (app.activeDocument.info.instructions.indexOf("Garbage") == -1 ) app.activeDocument.info.instructions = app.activeDocument.info.instructions + "Garbage";

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, but with this script/action I cant fine-tune my crop selection. Like I said, some of the Pictures dont fit and I have to scale them bigger (i have white background). Isnt there a way to use the selection as a default crop and only if i hit enter the action continues (the option for the dialog box for the crop is not available) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/retouch+2y76015683  wrote

You did not read all the Action Tips.

The Script should automatically set the largest centered aspect ration selection possible for each image processed. The selection will be sized for the image. If you wish to be able to fine tune the selection before the crop is done you can add in an interactive step to do that.  All you need do is record a menu Select>Transform selection step where you rotate the selection 180 degrees after you record the Aspect Selection Ratio step.  Followed  that setp with the Image Crop step.  You make that Transform selection step interactive by turning on that steps dialog in the action by adding the checkmark in the step.   When the action is played after the Plug-in sets the selection you will be in an interactive  transform Selection step.  If the selection set is acceptable all you need do is hit enter.  If you need to tweak the selection you can drag the selection to move the selection or hold the Shift or Shift and Alt keys and drag a corner the maintain the current aspect ratio and make the selection smaller for a tighter smaller crop.  when you press enter to commit the transform the next step will crop the image.  If you mess up the selection transform you can hit ESC instead to cancel the transform. Then press play the Aspect Ratio Selection will be reset and you can then try again to transform the selection correctly.

However, If  you batch that action the step will still be  an interactive step which is not approbate for an automated batch process it would be more assisted interactive process.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines