• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about layer comps

Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to layer comps. I know how to make them, and how to update them one-by-one. But is there a way to update them all? Lets say I have three, and I make a change I want to apply to all of them. Is there a one-click way of doing that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the layer being changed is common to all the comps, the revision will appear in all the comps because in each case, you are including the same layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't understand. Isn't the purpose of the layer comps to take snapshots of the design in different states?

Here is a link to a silly little test file that has three Layer Comps.

Dropbox - LayerCompTest.psd

The text layer, which is common to all the comps, is in a different position in each comp.

Now, here is the same file, I changed the text "hello" to "bye". I see that this change has propagated through all the comps.

Dropbox - LayerCompTestBye.psd

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1u9d57sc53bliby/LayerCompTest.psd?dl=0

Why did the changing of the content of the text propagate through to each layer, whereas the changing of the position of the text box does not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to seem unkind but many of us prefer not to view or download files from an unfamiliar site when it can be avoided.  Please post the Images here, along with your Layers panel.

__insert image.jpg

Also, to take a snapshot of sequential steps in a project as you work, it is customary to use the Create a Snapshot icon at the bottom of the History panel. Be warned, though, when you close the file, the History is wiped clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.23.35.png

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.23.45.png

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.23.56.png

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.24.14.png

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.24.21.png

Screenshot 2018-04-17 11.24.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you make a composite of the red rectangle and the type, when you create a unique layer for the type, you also need a unique layer for the rectangle .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines