• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic as Bullet

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a graphic as a bullet in three different RoboHelp styles. Two of them work just fine. But one of them causes the formatting to be inconsistent. The indentation of the paragraph varies in the generated help, even though the HTML looks the same (and the topic formatting in the Design tab looks OK).

My help consists primarily of numbered lists (eek!), and the numbering of the paragraph after the problematic style is affected in the generated help. Here, too, the HTML looks the same (and the topic formatting in the Design tab looks OK).

I'm using RoboHelp 7 in the Tech Comm Suite.

If I change the graphic I use for the bullet in this style, the formatting problems decrease, and the following paragraphs' numbering problem is fixed. But I LIKE my bullet graphic, and would like to use it.

Help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How exactly have you specified the bullet?

I ask because if you used the CSS file, you will probably see some odd behavior. I've never been able to make image bullets work from the CSS file.

The only way I've seen them reliably work is by using the following steps:

Select the paragraphs that should be bulleted and apply the bullet.
Select part of the first and part of the last paragraph. Then right-click the selection and choose "Bullets and Numbering" from the context menu.
Click the little file browser icon on the lower right, browse to and select the desired image.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear RoboWizard,

Well.... I was afraid somebody would ask. I am using a style that I created in the CSS through RoboHelp. Maybe I should consider myself lucky that two out of three work.

I gather that you are saying that I would need to do what you describe for each paragraph individually. That's not a practical approach for me, as you can imagine. But I might try it for just those instances that are not cooperating. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to not use my cute little bullet icons.

I'll report back when I get an opportunity to try this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you plan on creating Printed Documentation later on, I suggest you run a trial early on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a couple of image bullets in our stylesheet. Make sure you have the image in the same location as the stylesheet, that way you don't have to figure out relative paths.

One other place we use an image we had to specify a -25px margin for the P.Bullet part of the style so that it worked. The P.kadov-P-Bullet part doesn't have the -25px specified. We just played around with the margin until we got it looking okay in the Design, Preview and Output.

If you're using RH7 or 8 you might not have the kadov bit, but I haven't got those versions available at the moment to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If the image is not being called from within a topic (only within the CSS), RH might be unaware that it exists at all, unless you've added it to Baggage. Try that.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp