• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC won't open files on Mac

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC will no longer open files on my Mac. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it and that did not help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to elaborate the problem so that somebody can help you that if you are getting any error code or not. if you have checked the default program for opening the pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't get any more accurate than what the OP said. Acrobat Pro DC simply won't open any PDF documents. Even by going to File > Open and finding a PDF to open, the application does nothing, and no messages are displayed to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I do when I run into odd problems on my Mac is to reboot. We Mac users are not used to rebooting our computers on a regular basis (back when I used Windows, I made sure to reboot at least once a day). If Acrobat still does not open PDF files after that, I would uninstall and run Adobe's Cleaner tool (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ) - this will only work if you are running Acrobat as a standalone application, and not as part of the Creative Suite. After that, install Acrobat again from a fresh download. You can download the non-subscription version here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

And this is the download link for the subscription version:  Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl, the link to the separate clean up tool worked.  When I went to download from my Adobe Creative Cloud link, I had to uninstall there too, but then installed and open and thank goodness I am sorted.  Brilliant! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Cleaner Tool worked for me even thought my Acrobat WAS part of a Creative Cloud Suite. I had nothing to lose, had been fighting this for a few hours. I uninstalled with Cleaner first, then repeated the uninstall through Creative Cloud, then reinstalled - perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, right, Adobe makes you install more Adobe software to remove their broken software...If I didn't NEED Adobe products, I wouldn't use them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a lifesaver comment. Did the uninstall-install, rebooted my Mac, nothing seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and finally worked out that a "hidden" window on my MacBook was waiting for me to sign in to my Adobe account to activate the software.  Try to open Acrobat Pro again and tile your windows to see if that's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the exact same problem on multiple machines. Have contacted Adobe support multiple times, but they never help and never call us back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution posted immediately before you? Window > Tile > Horizonal has worked for many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried that and also the uninstall/reinstall of the application. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god its been weeks and this finally fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for that tip! I had been trying to solve my acrobat problem for weeks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try Window > Tile > Horizontal but this option was disabled. I found a solution that is either specific to me or it's happening to everyone. Instead, I tried, Window > Minimize All Windows and when I did that, I saw a sliver of something move down to the Mac's dock. I then maximized and saw where it went. I was able to get my mouse to turn to a resize handle to reveal the Acrobat Home menu! My issue was that I have dual monitors and Mac apps don't expand across two monitors, so this sliver of the Acrobat launch screen was only on one monitor. I'm so happy this fixed the issue. Maybe the home menu is loading by default in a very small size? Well, maybe this is what is happening to others. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christ on a cracker it finally worked!

Everything in this post worked for me until it came time to grab that little sliver and resize it... it was too small to prompt the resize handles. I changed my monitor's resolution to blow everything up bigger and that did the trick. (System preferences > displays > select 'scaled' radio button and choose a new resolution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you save my life. I had a week trying to figure this out. I had the same situation you had and saw the silver thing in the dock. Found where it was on the screen and problem solved. Thanks for sharing dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Did the trick. If you can't find that little sliver as Jeremy suggested use the approach @inkwellstudio used where you blow the resolution up until you can find the little sliver. Then drag the window open and voila, there is Adobe! I don't know how this happened suddenly though. I have been using multiple monitors for years with no problem. Maybe its associated with a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue! The app had minimised to a dot on my desktop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO, what happened when you tried that? Did the "open" (invisible) documents show in the Window menu before and after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem. The document won't open and Adobe just spins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean “spins”? Please answer too my second question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we try to open a document, we get the spinning wheel and it will stay like that forever and the document won't open. This happens on two different macs. For your second question, the documents don't show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't ask whether the documents showed on screen but whether they were listed in the Window menu. So am I right that your problem is different because you can't even use the Window menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines