• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw is lacking twp things, fill and eyedropper.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new suite of programs are great, but I think the two major short comings of Draw is the lack of a fill function and there is no color picker eyedropper function.  These are two major items they left out and I dont see getting much productive usefulness out of the apps without these two funtions. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Hi Gerrit,

There is also a fill option. Just long-press inside the shape you want to fill.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hold stylus or one finger to the screen to fill a shape. I'm not sure if there is a color picker in the app, but there is "Color History" and you can select any color you previously used in the app from that. The most recent color is in the top left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As beetlemite said there is fill, but eyedropper is defiantly missing. When I'm out and about I have no connectivity on my iPad so I have top plan ahead and create a colour theme before sending to the cloud and pulling back onto the iPad. It kind of goes against the whole 'work when inspiration hits you' mantra that Adobe is taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌There is a dropper tool, all you have to do to access it is hold down on the circle that says color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerrit,

There is also a fill option. Just long-press inside the shape you want to fill.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Sue, just find it, works great!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mindbiz

visueel verder

Gerrit Draad

31 6 55886466<tel:31655886466>

gerrit@mindbiz.nl<mailto:gerrit@mindbiz.nl>

www.mindbiz.nl<http://www.mindbiz.nl/>

Blog<http://visueelverder.wordpress.com/> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/gerritdraad> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/Gerrit_Draad>

Deze e-mail (inclusief de bijlagen) kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als dit bericht niet voor u bestemd is, wordt u vriendelijk verzocht dit aan de afzender te melden. Mindbiz staat door de elektronische verzending van dit bericht niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan. Het is niet toegestaan om dit bericht, geheel of gedeeltelijk, zonder toestemming van Mindbiz te gebruiken of te verspreiden. De algemene voorwaarden van Mindbiz zijn van toepassing op alle offertes, opdrachtbevestigingen en overeenkomsten die worden gesloten door of met, of verzonden door of aan Mindbiz. Op uw verzoek zendt Mindbiz u een kosteloos exemplaar toe. Mindbiz wijst toepasselijkheid van algemene voorwaarden van welke soort dan ook van derden expliciet van de hand.

Op 24 sep. 2015, om 18:40 heeft Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>> het volgende geschreven:

Adobe Draw is lacking twp things, fill and eyedropper.

created by Sue Garibaldi<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sue+Garibaldi> in Adobe Illustrator Draw - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7996042#7996042>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerrit,

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my life i was going crazy trying to find this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fill tool, you can long press to fill, but that isn't very useful when you have a lot of things to fill. Adobe Ideas had a fill tool, it also had an eyedropper. Both of these tools make the process easier and faster, so this is why Adobe Draw is harder and sluggish regarding the creative process now.

The fact they removed both is just proof the developers don't actually create using this app themselves and thus have no clue why these two features alone are drastically needed. For those saying this is a good app, sorry but you simply have not tried to create anything of any complexity with it. This app as it stands now is a joke. The fact I can create faster and easier in Adobe Ideas the original incarnation of this app and now it's highly unusable. Not to mention other lacking features they removed like email a PDF, no portrait orientation mode, and a layer limit of 10 makes the app so limiting as to make it barely usable for anything serious.

A digital app should have more flexibility than analog, why limit layers and zoom, it's digital. Why no PDF support? Forcing CC to move files is no only cumbersome it's wonky at best.

But at this point Adobe doesn't give a crap. They aren't developing this for real pro users, it's a noodle app developed by noodle-minded engineers who never create anything other than a frustrating experience for users who try to use it for pro illustration.

I'd love an engineer to pipe in and explain rationally why removing the eye dropper tool was a good decision? Seriously, if that was decided upon then you have to have a great reason for doing it. If not the idiot who made this decision alone should not be developing mobile apps because this one lacking feature brings this app to it's knees in terms of complicating the creative process. Digital apps should never complicate, they should ease creation. You managed to reduce productivity with this app.

It really is astonishing how bad this app is considering a billion dollar company developed it. And your support in this forum is an absolute joke.

Creative Director / Illustrator
PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there IS a color picker. mantained pressed the color pool on the tool bar

and it shows up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip on the area fill. I had an inquiry though, can you choose patterns or custom colors? (I.e. fabric swatches) for area fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monarxx.

I was just about to respond to your other post (Filling shapes with pattern in Adobe Draw App.) No, unfortunately it's not possible to fill with patterns. You can, bring custom colors into Draw through Adobe Capture CC though (those can be accessed through the Color menu):

Capture.jpeg

Let me know if that doesn't make it clear.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines