• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Having issues with latest update bug (Wacom)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently updated my computer and Photoshop, and had the same issues as everyone else concerning Windows Ink and the moving canvases, as referenced in this post

The fixes (turning off windows Ink and making a new document) worked wonders! But another issue has come up that these have not fixed.

Now, when I'm testing pen movement in Photoshop, this happens when I sketch too fast.

Wacom Photoshop issue 4172018.png

If you can see behind the bulky lines, there's lines that drew completely fine! The bulkiness happened after I drew the first lines, as if photoshop is trying to "catch up" to what I'm doing.
I haven't encountered this before, is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you switch to using Wintab API of make the Registry Update the revert Windows INK behavior to get around Microsoft changes to Windows INK?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off Windows ink in the Tablet propertys, and made the PSUserConfig.txt file in my Photoshop files.
These where the only solutions I saw, Could you explain the Wintab API solution for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did the Wintab switch.  The other is foe keep Ink checked in Wacom preferences not have the PSUserConfig.txt file in Photoshop Preferences and make the Windows registry update to revert Windows INK to it previous behavior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again,

i tried the windows registry update, and it seems to have helped, though im still having some issues with pen pressure lag. This mostly happens when I try to move fast, but ALSO when I touch any of my pens buttons. Disabling the buttons does not help from what I tried.
I think this is still an issue related to the update, but I don't know how to fix it.
So far I've done everything I listed in my first post, as well as your suggestion.

Below I did a 10 minute sketch, and then some scribbles to test the pressure issue, and here are the results, so you know what im talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easy to overtax my machine and cause unacceptable lag.  If Ia set a large tip size use a complex wet brush zoom way out so I can stroke across a large canvas. If I set brush spacing 1%  and stroke across the entire canvas.  It will take minuets for Photoshop to render that single stroke. So I do not do that.  If you know what you are going to do will not perform acceptable. you need to adjust you workflow or get a faster Machine.   With outrageous settings I believe even the fastest machine will lag too much to be useable.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that I am using the same Brushes I used before this update. I have not made any abnormal adjustments.
In this picture im using a 10 Pixel round brush, and a 5 pixel round brush. These are my staple brushes. This is also the the same canvas setting I normally use.
Things only became an issue after the most recent update. and from what I can tell from testing, it mostly happens when I accidentally press a button on my tablet pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried drawing in another digital painting app, such as Krita (www.krita.org), to check if this is a Photoshop issue, or perhaps a Windows issue? Windows received an update recently, so it might be a good idea to see if only Photoshop is affected, or if other applications are affected as well in order to pin-point where the problem's cause is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines