• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DC crashing again during scanning

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update previous to the one I installed last night, DC became erratic again, randomly crashing while trying to scan and create PDFs.  I had hoped that the newest update fixed the problem, but it did not.  The problem has only gotten worse.  Adobe, each time you send out a new update, this issue comes up again.  It is a huge problem for me, as I use the problem mainly for this purpose.  Anyone else, having APPCRASH upon scanning?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the issue you are facing. Can you please share the logs to help us understand the issue.

To create crash logs please follow these steps.

1. Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes
2. Do not close the pop-up when Acrobat crash
3. Open Task manager
4. Right click on “Acrobat.exe *32” process and select ‘Create Dump file’
5. It will create a log file in temp folder. (Path will be displayed on pop-up comes when logs created). You can also check this under

• Open Run process (Win+R)
    • Type %temp%
    • Logs file will be available here with name "Acrobat.DMP" or "Acrobat(n).DMP" if there are other Acrobat dumps exist.

Please follow the steps to share the file using Adobe send - https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

1. Open this link
  2. Click on “Select files to Send”
  3. Click link "Choose file from my computer" and Select the file
  4. Click on "Add Files", if you have more files to add
  5. Click on Create link
  6. Share this link with us
  7. You can also share this file to limited persons using "Send personalized invitations"
  8. Enter the email ids of persons you want to share the file and click "Send"

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just sent the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you sent the logs. Can you please share the link where you upload the file here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded them as you requested on 2/27. I just did it again and sent you an email invitation to the upload. I am doing so much more work here than anyone at Adobe. In the future, I do not want to have automatic updates. They just screw everything up. After this is corrected, I would like you to let me know how to turn off automatic updates. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon,

I am also experiencing this issue with a few of my users. I have reinstalled Adobe and as well as adjusted to run in compatibility mode for windows 7. I have the .DMP file, where may I send it for your review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use following link to share the crash logs.

How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe  - Please review the link to the dump file to assist in determining what is causing issue.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have the same Problem, it seems!

Tried to get a Screenshot, just before, the Software was closed:

2018-03-08.png

Here's my Dump File: Dateien freigegeben - Acrobat.com

Do you have proposals for me?

thanks

Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have analyzed the dump files.

Unfortunately there is no valid information present in the dumps that can help us identify the issue.

Repeat the steps where you observed the crash and follow these steps to create a crash dump.

1. Create c:\temp\

2. Download from dropbox.com/s/w9itsczht3cs7sq/Procdump.zip?.. and extract into c:\temp.

3. Make sure no Acrobat instances are already running — check via Task Manager.

4. Launch Acrobat

5. Launch CMD prompt and type “cd c:\temp”

6. On the command-prompt type: “procdump -e -ma Acrobat.exe c:\temp\01.dmp”. Procdump will now wait for the crash to happen.

7. Perform the actions in Acrobat that cause it to crash.

8. Procdump will have created at c:\temp\01.dmp.

Go through the link forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 to share the dump or share it in whatever way you’re comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Also please share the video of the steps you have done when you observed the crash.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines